Need help/advice

This is the right place for you, experienced members will give priority to this forum. A good place for Newbies to request help, guidance or have basic questions on getting started.
Cornholio
Neophyte
count: 1

Need help/advice

Post by Cornholio » August 5th, 2015, 2:26 pm

Hi, My name's Carson and I started researching astral projection almost a week ago. I tried to astral project the last two nights and both times I've just fallen asleep. I lay on my back on my bed and just focus on my breathing without moving, after a few minutes, I start thinking about my day. As I'm thinking about my day, I start feeling my hands slightly vibrate, when that happens I go back to focus on my breathing and the next thing I know, I'm asleep. What am I doing wrong? any tips? Also, I haven't been able to remember my dreams when I try to astral project, is that normal? P.S I have asthma and whenever I start meditating I notice I start to breathe heavier/faster, I'm not sure if it's from the asthma or not but does that happen to anyone else?

hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Re: Need help/advice

Post by hydro1 » August 9th, 2015, 10:14 am

Hi Cornholio welcome to the forum, glad to have you. Its best not to attempt projecting when you are tired and sleepy cause yes you will fall asleep instead of projecting. try doing it upon waking up, get at least a full 7-8 hours of sleep and when you wake up try just laying there with your eyes closed. But then again only you know your sleep patterns and how long to sleep to wake up rested. when you awake you aren't full awake you still in some state of sleepiness, meaning you are still sleepy but aware enough to do something, and that is when you want to attempt to project or re-enter a dream to attain a lucid dream. Now in order to start remembering your dreams you need to start keeping a journal, and when you wake up, write them down, anything you remember just write it down, that include your projections also.
Go hard or not at all

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Re: Need help/advice

Post by Jettins \o/ » August 9th, 2015, 3:03 pm

Carson wrote:Hi, My name's Carson and I started researching astral projection almost a week ago. I tried to astral project the last two nights and both times I've just fallen asleep. I lay on my back on my bed and just focus on my breathing without moving, after a few minutes, I start thinking about my day. As I'm thinking about my day, I start feeling my hands slightly vibrate, when that happens I go back to focus on my breathing and the next thing I know, I'm asleep. What am I doing wrong? any tips? Also, I haven't been able to remember my dreams when I try to astral project, is that normal? P.S I have asthma and whenever I start meditating I notice I start to breathe heavier/faster, I'm not sure if it's from the asthma or not but does that happen to anyone else?
During meditation when the body is very well relaxed, the breathing tends to become shallower, lighter or less deep and is also quicker. This is a normal process. The body may also feel slightly lighter and cooler. These sensations are the beginning stages of a potential projection, and also commonly referred by some as the onset of the trance condition that precedes the projection, when the mind is awake and alert, and hence the vibrations.

Focus on cultivating more mindfulness during the same practice –ex. guided meditation or anything that enhances your mental alertness or focus, but in the mornings after 6-8 hours of continuous sleep. It might not work on the first time because as hydro suggested, we have to know ours bodies to know what works best, and then using this familiarity to make the necessary adjustments for more consistent experiences or at least subtle energy movements like the one you have described. In the forum you can find what others have done to get things going for them. Give then a try, modify then when necessary, and come back to the forum and share your perspective with us.

Below this paragraph is link to a technique that has been tested to work well when the conditions are set –it includes a variation, and by the members, of a known lucid dream method, ex the DEILD Technique. From what you have described, it seems like you're not having trouble achieving a deep level of relaxation. Now, you can utilize this fragile state that is that initial stages of a projection -namely the vibrations, to then help focus the awareness in such a way that one doesn’t focus-intent. Another way of trying to solve the problem is by considering the following: what do I need to create in my mind, my focus, and a way to recognize things as such –and usually because it is something considered essential or important – so that I can stay cognizant after the vibrations? Answer that my friend and report back to us promptly.

induction-techniques/speed-counting-technique-t148.html

Welcome to the forum!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S