Question about the "3D Blackness"

This is the right place for you, experienced members will give priority to this forum. A good place for Newbies to request help, guidance or have basic questions on getting started.
GWells
Neophyte
count: 2

Question about the "3D Blackness"

Post by GWells » December 17th, 2015, 2:52 am

I've only just started trying to initiate experiences, so I'm trying to get a handle on how the various stages feel. I don't get what I'd call "vibrations," exactly, but I frequently get to a state where I mostly can't feel my body - feels kind of like a me-shaped cookie cutter made a niche in the bed and I sank into it. Also, last night, my head started to feel very heavy, with a sensation of pressure in the back, and when I stopped for the night to go to sleep (only had 5 hours to work with before I had to get up for work, so I didn't have the luxury of pushing the attempt) my arms felt very heavy and sluggish for a few minutes.

I think the time I got the closest was this, from a few nights ago: I reached a point where I felt kind of a shift in my awareness. I couldn't "see" anything, and I didn't feel vibrations - just the usual dulled awareness of my body - but in front of my eyes it felt like... like the volume of the space in front of me expanded. The way I pictured it (sorry, this will sound weird) was as if there was a hockey puck-shaped piece of open space balancing on its edge on the bridge of my nose. I could look into the edge of the "puck" and tell that inside of it, there was more like "real" empty space than the blackness behind my eyelids. As I became aware of this "space," it expanded, ultimately giving me the impression that it was about the size of a large room - like maybe my living room, rather than my bedroom. It felt like I might be able to reach out my arms onto the "floor" of that room and maybe hoist myself up.

I got excited, then, and tried to find some way of willing myself *into* this space without actually moving my body, and the sensation faded and went back to normal behind-the-eyelids darkness.

Does this sound like I'm heading in the right direction? Anyone else get a similar kind of sensation? I've seen the term "3D blackness" in some posts... Is what I'm describing sort of like that? It certainly felt like the space was... not 100% real, but approaching real-ness, if that makes sense? Realer than if I was just visualizing an empty black space, but not quite "real world" real.

hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Re: Question about the "3D Blackness"

Post by hydro1 » December 20th, 2015, 5:13 pm

You are definitely on the right path my friend. Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it here. The first sensation you felt was probably sleep paralysis, there are many type of sensations you will feel during your progress to a projection, but the vibrations and Sleep paralysis are the most common sensations you will have. As for the he hockey puck blackness as you call it , we call it the void, most of us use that as well to project, so my friend you are already there just have to make your move. As you read me re and more of others experiences, it will become more apparent to you. Good luck and happy travels. Keep us posted.
Go hard or not at all

GWells
Neophyte

Post by GWells » December 21st, 2015, 4:21 am

Thanks, Hydro! I'll keep at it. I think part of my problem is that my intent is all over the place. I'm going to try to concentrate on getting a handle on lucid dreaming first - hopefully that will give me a little more of a sense of how to navigate in a thought-responsive environment, giving me a better chance of controlling the transition when I try to project.

hydro1
Initiate

Post by hydro1 » December 21st, 2015, 7:37 pm

Hmmmm what is your intent when projecting? You just need to meditate to clear your thoughts it that is your problem. I've had many lucid dreams but only one really vivid one that seemed more real than the rest, just take a look around the forum at some of the other experiences I'm sure you will find something inspiring or that will help you. Happy travels .
Go hard or not at all

fairyana
Initiate

Post by fairyana » December 22nd, 2015, 1:40 pm

Focusing on your intent is the way to go. In the astral, intent is everything and if your intent is too vague or all over the place, you will have a hard time navigating. Vibrations are common, but not a necessary part of the process. Tom Campbell, a super proficient astral projector, can astral project himself just using intent and he doesn't even need to go into all those phases of vibration, meditations, etc. It's like he just switches on and off whenever he wants to. But each one astral projects the way they feel is best suited for them.

GWells
Neophyte

Post by GWells » January 6th, 2016, 2:23 pm

What I mean by my intent being all over the place is that I do pretty good maintaining focus to get into a high-energy state, but then I don't know what to do. I don't *quite* seem to get to what I'd call "vibrations" and I don't actually get sleep paralysis. I can get to a place where there's a bit of a delayed reaction when I move, but my body does actually always move if I send it a signal to do so. I feel a high level of energy in my body - like not warmth exactly, and not pressure, but... Feels kind of like if you have a crush on somebody and you make eye contact with them unexpectedly, you know that kind of "rush" feeling in your chest? That, but like all over my body.

So I get to this state, but I don't feel like I'm vibrating, I don't hear any sounds, I don't see anything but the inside of my eyelids, and I'm not sure what to do next. Sometimes, like the time I described originally in this post, it feels like something is on the verge of happening, but whatever I try to do or focus on, it seems like I'm pulling myself back instead of moving forwards into the experience.

If I try to visualize anything to help me get out, it's just like any other picture or impression of something I imagine when I'm awake - there isn't any additional sense of "reality" to it. Like, I can imagine a really convincing rope, and imagine exactly how the texture of it would feel in my imaginary hands, but if I *actually* try to grab a rope I can feel my physical arms moving under my blanket. If I imagine moving, that's all I do - imagine it. I can't sense any kind of "movement" from my astral body that is separate from my physical one.

I've also tried picturing other rooms, etc - touching things, feeling textures, remembering smells, etc. Still only imaginary. I feel like it's a very realistic imaginary version of the room or object, but I'm not "really" feeling it.

Also, trying rolling out, standing up, etc. doesn't work, because my real parts just move.

So maybe I'm not "deep" enough into the transition state yet? Or maybe my focus on what exactly I'm supposed to do to get "out" isn't strong enough? I kind of feel like the episode of South Park with the underpants gnomes - "Step one: Steal Underpants, Step Two: ... Step Three: Profit!" It's like, "Step One: Meditate, Step Two: ... Step Three: OOB!"

I need to get a better handle on Step Two...

hydro1
Initiate

Post by hydro1 » January 6th, 2016, 5:54 pm

Yeah it seem you aren't deep enough in the state. If you can feel the physical and still interact with it then you are still not deep enough. Don't focus too hard on making it happen try focusing passively, push through but not too hard, whatever sensation you get let it intensify to the point you can't take the pressure of it or until it is strong enough, when it is strong that is how you know you are deep enough, then try an exit method.. Step two would be the exit strategy once you do step one then 3 profit lol
Go hard or not at all

GWells
Neophyte

Post by GWells » January 7th, 2016, 4:00 am

LOL - good tips, thanks! Part of my problem is that I work really early and I stay up late, and I also have a toddler. I'll work on finding better times to practice, earlier in the evening... i think I'll have better luck if I'm not exhausted already.

Oh - another question, if I may: When I get to the "energetic" state I was describing, sometimes if I decide to call it quits and go to sleep, I can't. I have a hard time releasing the energy - it all just stays built up. So I end up with nasty insomnia. Do you have any tricks or anything that help you "let go" if you have to abort? All i can think of is maybe get out of bed and do something else for half an hour or something to wind down, but that never sounds like a good idea at 1:00 am when my alarm is set to go off in 4 hours... :-)

hydro1
Initiate

Post by hydro1 » January 7th, 2016, 12:51 pm

No you don't have to do all that, just sit up in bed take a few deep breaths, get a glass of water and go back to bed, works for me. Good luck, and keep us posted

Happy travels
Go hard or not at all