Vibrational State

This is the right place for you, experienced members will give priority to this forum. A good place for Newbies to request help, guidance or have basic questions on getting started.
jaserrano0729
Neophyte
count: 0

Vibrational State

Post by jaserrano0729 » May 28th, 2013, 10:03 pm

So I have been into LD and AP for quite some time now... practiced LD a lot had a handful of successful ones... But I have lately begun to try AP...
I feel like I'm failing at the "vibrational state" what exactly does it feel like? People say it's like electricity flowing through you or energy flowing through you or a tingling sensation or numbness... I have had multiple times where I have felt basically like I'm getting the chills for an extended amount of time... But it usually comes and goes... Can it be described as that same feeling you get when your foot falls asleep except covering your whole body? Can somebody try to explain it in the easiest way possible... like talking to a child? Haha, I feel like maybe I haven't gotten to that state yet but I could be wrong.

floating_hawaiian
Initiate
count: 2

Re: Vibrational State

Post by floating_hawaiian » May 28th, 2013, 10:58 pm

Hello
Welcome to the forum. I hope we're able to mutually help each other.

The vibrations that you've read of are a common occurance, but it doesn't happen to everyone. However, I've found that nearly all people who start looking into astral projection will experience it. I first felt it in the early morning while trying to go to sleep (earlier that day I took a deep nap and threw off my sleep schedule). That is actually the best time to try it, in the early mornings after you've slept for about 4-5 hours. It has something to do with your REM cycle.

Well anyway, first time I felt it it hit me like a truck in high gear. It was right after i fell into sleep paralysis. I felt 2 waves of vibrations traveling up and down my spine in opposite directions. It did that for a minute or less until I got a feel for it. It was insanely intense, didn't hurt but very uncomfortable. When I experienced it my body was in sleep paralysis. I think your description of feeling like your body falling sleep like a numb leg is a close to what you want. Sleep paralysis is another common occurance associated with astral projection, so feeling semi paralyze isn't uncommon when you feel it. However, I don't think so much for the chills. The vibrations will travel along your spine like chills would, but the vibrations don't "come and go."

The feeling of the vibrations is unmistakeable, and if you find yourself second guessing whether or not it happened, chances are it did not. I like to describe it as the feeling when you use one of those plug in massagers for your back with the 2 nubs. When you use the massager for awhile in one spot, it'll start getting partially numb and even though you're numb, you can still feel the vibrations from the massager.

hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Post by hydro1 » May 28th, 2013, 11:04 pm

Yes the vibratory level does feel like what you feet or hands feel like when they fall asleep, sometimes its more intense, but its different for everyone. not everyone experiences the vibration state. so try not to expect it to happen, cause you just may be one of the ones who don't experience it. some people get woozy feelings or head shakes where you think you shaking your head but its really inside yourself. until you have an AP you won't know what feeling associates with you. you maybe the type of person who exps sleep paralysis. it can also change up on you what you may exps, so its best to not expect certain certain feeling to happen. one day you may feel the vibrations and the next you feel something totally different like the shake, woozyness, or sleep paralysis. just let it happen and wich ever happens know what to do when it happens.
Go hard or not at all

fairyana
Initiate
count: 2

Post by fairyana » May 29th, 2013, 7:20 am

You can try having an AP from a lucid dream, then you don't even have to worry about the vibrational stage. When you're inside your LD, tell yourself to increase awareness and remember that you are out of body. It takes some practice, but I personally think it's easier this way. Though ideally we should to try all the ways there are in order to see what works best.