What am I doing wrong?

This is the right place for you, experienced members will give priority to this forum. A good place for Newbies to request help, guidance or have basic questions on getting started.
Echobreaker
Initiate
count: 17

What am I doing wrong?

Post by Echobreaker » February 12th, 2014, 10:08 am

Hey, I joined this site after I started having spontaneous OOBEs and semi-voluntary AP's [in this case, semi-voluntary meaning that even though I didn't plan on leaving my physical body, I took the opportunity when it started].

My problem is; I can't for the life of me manage to do a completely voluntary projection. Whenever I have to wake up, its usually for a reason that I can't just lay back [getting ready for school, going to the bathroom, etc.].

I have tried using guided meditations before I got to sleep, and even in the middle of the day when I have time. No success.

I have even tried using my alarm to wake myself up at about 2 am after getting about 4 hours of sleep, and then trying the above; still nothing.

Sorry if I am venting, but I can't understand what is going wrong.

fairyana
Initiate
count: 2

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Post by fairyana » February 12th, 2014, 1:07 pm

Hi Echobreaker. How long have you been practicing each of the techniques? It does take a very long time a lot of patience for most people to do completely voluntary projections.

Echobreaker
Initiate

Post by Echobreaker » February 12th, 2014, 2:05 pm

fairyana wrote:Hi Echobreaker. How long have you been practicing each of the techniques? It does take a very long time a lot of patience for most people to do completely voluntary projections.
Edit: I was wrong on the 1 month thing, it was like 2 months..
Last edited by Echobreaker on February 12th, 2014, 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Post by hydro1 » February 12th, 2014, 2:08 pm

I suggest you take note on how you sleeping, like with your unplanned projections, when you wake up just copy down what you did to bring on the projection, like say how you were breathing you position you awoke in, jot down everything that involve your sleeping patterns and next time try to mimic those same patterns that brought on the unplanned projection except this time try to stay awake/aware of whats going on, I think our bodies have a certain way it does things to bring on certain effects and if we can just record it we can mimic what our body wants and possible get results, cause trying to do it these other ways aren't working, I know people are tired of forcing it to happen with these techniques that barely work.
Go hard or not at all

Echobreaker
Initiate

Post by Echobreaker » February 12th, 2014, 2:24 pm

hydro1 wrote:I suggest you take note on how you sleeping, like with your unplanned projections, when you wake up just copy down what you did to bring on the projection, like say how you were breathing you position you awoke in, jot down everything that involve your sleeping patterns and next time try to mimic those same patterns that brought on the unplanned projection except this time try to stay awake/aware of whats going on, I think our bodies have a certain way it does things to bring on certain effects and if we can just record it we can mimic what our body wants and possible get results, cause trying to do it these other ways aren't working, I know people are tired of forcing it to happen with these techniques that barely work.
Now that you mention it- I did notice one common thing. I was always on my side when I did it involuntarily [what direction I faced didn't matter], and I would turn myself to be partially out of body [or at least how I view it, given i am still on the bed in my non-physical body]. Then I would either climb off or sink down, depending on first instinct.

when i tried the guided meditations, I was always on my back from the start as they instructed.

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Post by Jettins \o/ » February 12th, 2014, 3:23 pm

Hello Echobreaker,

My suggestion would be to adjust the physical body to be more receptive to subtle sensations. We can clean up our diet, detox our body, do more exercise, eat quality foods and nutrients, stretch our body, a less stressful job, improve the quality of our deep sleep, and reduce chemicals in the food and water consistently to help release the generative continual stress to our body and mind. Since it varies between physiologies a person might have to do more effort in one thing or another. We have the awareness, the techniques on how to project, but now we need to adjust the other important variables that will help build a solid base for consistency.

Mental effort and techniques only get us up to a certain point. And then the time comes to recognize our setbacks and make the necessary adjustments. The changes aren’t supposed to feel life altering; they are supposed to feel life enhancing. You can see how having a certain mindset would indeed help. Some people adopt these changes into a spiritual practice. Greater awareness and lucidity in the general sense then follows as the norm.

Consider the lifestyle and philosophy of those that are highly successful in your goal. There are good suggestions on the internet.

http://www.inselfyoga.com/index.php/for ... oing-wrong
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

hydro1
Initiate

Post by hydro1 » February 12th, 2014, 11:36 pm

if you have a video camera you can record yourself sleeping until you have that unplanned projection the watch to see your position your breathing etc, and from there you can just mimic it, these are just suggestions. @ jettins we don't have to necessarily change, cause remember Buddha was a big guy and achieved way more plus projection, beside a lot of us don't wanna make all these changes just to still be disappointed with no results, just my opinion tho
Go hard or not at all

Echobreaker
Initiate

Post by Echobreaker » March 2nd, 2014, 8:35 pm

Ok, this morning I managed to get myself into a sort of half-sleep paralysis? I mean, I was perfectly awake and listening to the meditation, my body felt stiffer and stiffer, but my back arched a bit and it seemed that while I was breathing it messed up.

hydro1
Initiate

Post by hydro1 » March 3rd, 2014, 1:44 pm

depends how was you breathing different from when you entered the state, cause usually it has a very low breathing like that of when you sleep but if you become aware its harder to keep that breathing going, cause at that point you wanna breath regular like when you are awake , and you can't do that. you have to breath at the same rate you did when you begin,and I know its hard to breath like that cause it feel like you struggling to breath. this is just my opinion on the matter
Go hard or not at all

Echobreaker
Initiate

Post by Echobreaker » March 3rd, 2014, 7:31 pm

hydro1 wrote:depends how was you breathing different from when you entered the state, cause usually it has a very low breathing like that of when you sleep but if you become aware its harder to keep that breathing going, cause at that point you wanna breath regular like when you are awake , and you can't do that. you have to breath at the same rate you did when you begin,and I know its hard to breath like that cause it feel like you struggling to breath. this is just my opinion on the matter
That's true.