Piano - Nocturne in slow motion

Topics unrelated to Astral Projection, Out-of-Body Experiences. Come in and get comfortable!
Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Piano - Nocturne in slow motion

Post by Jettins \o/ » July 10th, 2013, 1:13 am

Here is a short recording of my piano practice. About a minute long for now.

[BBvideo 660,380]extras/nocturne.mp3[/BBvideo]
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

floating_hawaiian
Initiate
count: 2

Re: Piano - Nocturne in slow motion

Post by floating_hawaiian » July 10th, 2013, 8:56 pm

I absolutely love it =) Much better to have it slow and accurate than faster than what you're used to and messing up the keys. My kinda music

hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Post by hydro1 » July 10th, 2013, 9:34 pm

(Stands and applauded)magnificent bro made my face tense up ready to cry,I didn't tho but it made me want to. It seemed sad
Go hard or not at all

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » July 10th, 2013, 10:43 pm

Thanks guys. This song is harder to play for me than the other two.
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

fairyana
Initiate
count: 2

Post by fairyana » July 11th, 2013, 8:51 am

That's really good Jettins! I love this music. My tip for you, in order for you to keep the tempo right, is always look ahead for the next note that's going to be played. This way when you're playing the notes, your eyes are already on the next notes and so your fingers get to it without losing the time. This is particularly useful when your hands need to move from one set of octaves to another.

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » July 11th, 2013, 3:23 pm

Ah yeah. I think that's a good idea Fairyana. This song requires some ugly jumps. I haven't matured the song yet, and the notes, well this song will be more difficult to memorize. Just hitting trying to hit the keys is complex enough. I am not using the sustain petal on it yet, it will sound prettier for sure. Taking lessons on it.

I will try to re-wire my brain to be looking out for the next note. I think real skill will come when I can visualize 3 or 4 beats ahead of time.