I dreamt I was a Lion

Tell us about your favorite experiences, they can be lucid or non-lucid. As long as you feel its worthy of special attention.
Tsolus
Neophyte
count: 100

I dreamt I was a Lion

Post by Tsolus » September 16th, 2017, 2:39 am

Hey everyone, here is a dream I had in 2011 that I will remember for the rest of my life:

This dream was not lucid though extremely vivid. Often times I will have dreams similar to this one where there is 0 lucidity but a distinct level of clarity that usually burns the experience into my memory. By clarity I mean the literal visual definition is very close to wakeful reality.

The dream began completely different from any other dream I have had. I was an actual Lion in a very anxious state of being prowling through a vast forest environment. I remember moving in a hurry feeling the strength in my upper legs propel me through the dry yet green lands. In my awareness I was not certain of what I was fearfully moving away from but I knew I had to move a great distance or be in danger.

I crossed through a small concentrated group of trees and that's when the danger made its first visual appearance. Two average height Caucasian men appearing to be poachers or hunters of see sort were moving in a hurry toward me from behind the trees I just passed through. Suddenly one fired a shot from his rifle barely missing me and piercing a tree. I dived to the opposite side of where the shot landed feeling a great fear for my life. Again I remember the power of my hind legs propelling me forward while I reached as far as possible with my fore legs grabbing traction for my back legs to repeat the propulsion. The physical mechanics felt very alien but I seemed to perform them naturally. Running in these great strides around a row of bushes I noticed the path leading to a dead end.

This time two more rounds fired in my direction blowing dirt into the air and almost moving my body away without my control. Reaching the end which was sealed by stone wall I turned to my attackers and the fear suddenly transformed into an innate sense of power. I felt the air shake in my stomach as I let out a ferocious roar that vibrated through my entire body. In my Lion mind this was an adequate defense and might just scare off this duo of hunters. To my surprise they ignored it entirely and began firing in place this time without pause. I let out a scared shriek now panicking and while I did not go lucid, my consciousness seemed to change entirely.

I thought to myself, "Ive got to get the fuck out of here!" And dove through the wall of bushes that lined the side of my path. Behind these bushes was a small space of sand and a lake beyond it. Imagine a super small beach where the body of water is not a vast ocean. Here in the small space of sand there was a sigil of some sort made of stones, sticks and herbs. I gazed into the sigil and almost out of reflex rearranged the items indicating points. Mind you I only learned about sigils recently, though I did see them in movies and stuff. When I had switched the locations of the stones, sticks and herbs I phased out as if I was becoming an addition to the light around me. When I phased out completely I heard the voices of the hunters approaching and suddenly woke up.

Joe
Initiate
count: 40

Re: I dreamt I was a Lion

Post by Joe » September 17th, 2017, 2:36 am

Wow, must've been quite an awareness and clarity for you to remember the dream to this detail. I sort of know what you are talking about. I get somewhat the same feeling when dreaming. I feel conscious as I am here in there, however not lucid. Not being able to alter the dream scape and it's different factors. But a very heightened sense of awareness. That was an interesting dream though!