A Few Meditation/Altered States Experiences

uMonk

A Few Meditation/Altered States Experiences

Post by uMonk » November 12th, 2011, 4:11 pm

Lady VS The Meditator
Deep breaths, focused mind, repetition of mantra, soon after I ended up in a more “Still” state of mind, I noticed an outline of a lady in front of me, she was up close, her face only about 6 inches from mine, I focused my intent to get a better look at her when the image became as real as regular sight, her skin was detailed, I could see the creases in her lips and I noticed she had a shaved head, I could feel the warmth of her skin against mine, and somehow I found myself touching her face without using my physical body, she had the facial structure of a model, I noticed her perfume, although I did not recognize the smell from any brand I know, soon after she began speaking to me, calling my name and mentioning words of love and happiness.
The meditation experience end shortly after as I for some reason, lost consciousness and fell into sleep.

Adventure – New City
soon after I felt myself in a state similar to that experienced in sleep paralysis, I could tell my mind was focused away from the physical, and I was keen on having an adventure of some sort, I focused my mind on walking away from body, vision was not great, I walked out of my room and set the intention for clearer vision, after my vision cleared I went outside into the garden and noticed I was in a totally different scene.
I was now walking towards a coffee shop in a city which seemed very alien to me, as I walked inside I must have had an excited look on my face because the locals were looking at me in confusion, As if they were trying to figure out the source of my over-joyfulness. It only then just hit me what I had achieved in this meditation session, I quickly ran outside and flew up into the sky, amazed! As I flew past lots of gorgeous looking skyscrapers, I kept thinking to myself that the designs look good enough for my 3D work I do back in the physical.
Soon after exploring and flying around, i opened my eyes into the physical.

African Man – Operating Table
Soon after sleep, I closed my eyes and was surprised to see an image of what seemed like an African male on an operating table, I could not see any of the environment, just him and the table, I opened my eyes into the physical for a few seconds in surprise as to what I had just seen… quickly after I closed them again, focused mind and began to see the same image again, he looked as realistic as anybody in the physical, although I couldn’t figure out why he was lying on the operating table, he didn’t seem to have any actual wounds, and his physical body looked to be in good condition, I realized I had to be up to collect a delivery which was to arrive that morning, so I opened my eyes and began my day.

(Quick note) As these are meditation experiences and some SP induced,I was always aware of my physical body and had an awareness of the physical room I was meditating in or projecting from.

After having a good few of these meditation type experiences induced, I now want to focus my intent on having meaningful experiences, ones where I ask questions which may help me and others, ones which will help me understand exactly what these experiences are, and to also push my meditative practice to a stage where I can get to this state more easily, and the hope is it may also be used as a tool for my work.

NonPhyiscal Overlays
Now, i am used to perceiving information in meditation/obes ,or through hypnagogics, or even sound hallucinations for a split second when i wake up. but what happend last night was strange to say the least, i dimmed the lights and went to lie down n listen to a radio interview on my bed, after closeing my eyes for a few minutes i casually opened them only to find a pair of pants floating above and 2 feet away from me, i was surprised as you'd expect, i was not in SP i was fully awake, i blinked a few times to see if it would dissappear but it remianed in view for atleast 5 seconds and then "faded out"..... the rest of the evening was a bit odd too, including hearing a voice call my name now and then... i managed to get to sleep a few hours later as i had to get up the following morning... but last night really felt as if i was in two worlds, firmly secure in physical reality.. but open to non physical or subconscious information at the same time... i have never taken drugs... i dont smoke, or drink, and generally have a healthy diet and a sound mind.

has anybody else experienced Non physical or subconscious data during waking life? and i mean waking life.. not SP or hypnagogics... please let me know, many thanks. :)

Edit: maybe it was a new type of altered state? i remember i moved to check i wasnt in SP and i blinked a few times, and yet the image remained.... hmmm its all just data anyways right, everything is one. it was a new type of experience for me though.
Last edited by uMonk on November 30th, 2011, 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Braveheart
Initiate
count: 20

NonPhysical Overlays

Post by Braveheart » November 14th, 2011, 6:55 pm

Wow, that's just rare to hear. Were you sleep deprived at all? Had you just finished some type of excessive physical action, like working out?

If you're quite the avid conscious explorer(often meditating and inducing trances), its possible that your Pineal Gland triggered the vision.

uMonk

NonPhysical Overlays

Post by uMonk » November 18th, 2011, 5:01 pm

Yeah, thats what i thought, ive never had this experience before, i wasnt sleep deprived at all, i did workout but it wasnt as heavy as im used to since it was only light cardio day, (i workout almost every day and this stuff never usually happens), so i know for sure it wasnt sleep deprivation, or fatigue.

i dont know about pineal gland, but i must have been in some sort of "controlled" altered state, one that allowed me to still move about a little in this reality.

Braveheart
Initiate
count: 20

NonPhysical Overlays

Post by Braveheart » November 21st, 2011, 10:11 pm

I can't think of anything else. I actually congratulate you :D I wish I had an experience like that.

Ah, I just thought of something. Perhaps what you were listening to had an unintentional subliminal trigger.