Can consciousness alone change physical reality?

uMonk

Post by uMonk » November 30th, 2011, 12:56 pm

Can consciousness alone change physical reality?.

Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research
The most substantial portion of the PEAR experimental program examined anomalies arising in human/machine interactions.

In these studies human operators attempted to bias the output of a variety of mechanical, electronic, optical, acoustical, and fluid devices to conform to pre-stated intentions, without recourse to any known physical influences. In unattended calibrations all of these sophisticated machines produced strictly random data, yet the experimental results display increases in information content that can only be attributed to the consciousness of their human operators.

Over the laboratory's 28-year history, thousands of such experiments, involving many millions of trials, were performed by several hundred operators. The observed effects were usually quite small, of the order of a few parts in ten thousand on average, but they compounded to highly significant statistical deviations from chance expectations. These results are summarized in "Correlations of Random Binary Sequences with Pre-Stated Operator Intention" (Link1) and "The PEAR Proposition (Link 2)."

(Link 1) http://www.princeton.edu/~pear/pdfs/199 ... review.pdf
(Link 2) http://www.princeton.edu/~pear/pdfs/200 ... sition.pdf

A number of secondary correlations revealed other anomalous structural features within these human/machine databases. In many instances, the effects appeared to be operator-specific in their details and the results of given operators on widely different machines frequently tended to be similar in character and scale. Pairs of operators with shared intentions were found to induce further anomalies in the experimental outputs, especially when the two individuals shared an emotional bond. The data also displayed significant disparities between female and male operator performances, and consistent series position effects were observed in individual and collective results. These anomalies were demonstrated with the operators located up to thousands of miles from the laboratory, exerting their efforts many hours before or after the actual operation of the devices.

The random devices were also shown to respond to group activities of larger numbers of people, even when they were unaware of the presence of the machine. Such "FieldREG" data produced in environments fostering relatively intense or profound subjective resonance showed larger deviations than those generated in more pragmatic assemblies. (See LINK 3 "FieldREG II: Consciousness Field Effects: Replications and Explorations.") Venues that appear to be particularly conducive to such field anomalies include small intimate groups, group rituals, sacred sites, musical and theatrical performances, and other charismatic events. In contrast, data generated during most academic conferences, business meetings, or other mundane venues showed less deviation than would be expected by chance.

(Link 3) http://www.princeton.edu/~pear/pdfs/199 ... ffects.pdf

Elaborate analytical methods were developed to extract as much understanding as possible from all of these results, and to guarantee their integrity against any experimental or data processing flaws.

(Link 4) http://vimeo.com/4359545 << video about the PEAR work.
Masaru Emoto - Hidden Messages in Water

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_dmYT83ZKY
It was 1994 when the idea to freeze water and observe it with microscope came upon me. With this method, I was convinced that I should be able to see something like snow crystals.

After two months of trial and error, this idea bore fruit. The beautifully shining hexagonal crystals were created from the invisible world. My staff at the laboratory and I were absorbed in it and began to do many researches.

At first, we strenuously observed crystals of tap water, river water, and lake water. From the tap water we could not get any beautiful crystals. We could not get any beautiful ones from rivers and lakes near big cities, either. However, from the water from rivers and lakes where water is kept pristine from development, we could observe beautiful crystals with each one having its own uniqueness.

The observation was done in various ways:

Observe the crystal of frozen water after showing letters to water
Showing pictures to water
Playing music to water
Praying to water

In all of these experiments, distilled water for hospital usage produced by the same company was used. Since it is distilled twice, it can be said that it is pure water.

The result was that we always observed beautiful crystals after giving good words, playing good music, and showing, playing, or offering pure prayer to water. On the other hand, we observed disfigured crystals in the opposite situation. Moreover, we never observed identical crystals.

I published these results as photograph collections: “Messages from Water 1” (1999), “Messages from Water 2” (2002), “Messages from Water 3” (2004), and “Messages from Water 4” (2008). (All of them are published from Hado Kyoiku-Sha.)

Then in November 2001, “Water Knows the Answer” (Sunmark Publishing) was published not as a photograph collection but as explanatory book. Many of you may know that these books have become bestseller not only in Japan but also rather in overseas.

It is “beauty” if I were asked about the selection criteria of crystals.

This world is filled with wonders and mysteries that get more incomprehensible if we try to think of a reason. In a familiar situation, for example, why do dogs exist and why do cats exist? Why do mice exist and why do snakes exist? Why are there cherry blossom trees and why are there willow trees? What is a human being in the first place? As such, there are so many incomprehensible things that we cannot understand at all.

Thus, except for some of truly basic things, no one disagrees that there are still so many unknowns. Probably we understand 3%. in other words, I think 97% is unknown. The reason why the number is 3% is that the research of geneticists revealed the level of our DNA activation is 3%.

I believe the original idea of creation by the creator of this universe was “the pursuit of beauty.” Everything is combination of energetic vibration. As vibration resonates, it makes some tangible objects.
Combination of non-resonating vibration can result in destructive energy, and nothing can be created out of it. When some vibration and the other resonate each other, it always creates beautiful design. Thus, most of the Earth is covered with beautiful nature.

That is why scientists, philosophers, and religionists pursue for unknown facts. Is it presumptuous to suggest them taking paths with “the pursuit of beauty” in mind as a means to confirm their right paths?

There are approximately 7 billion people exist on this Earth now. I think there is one common standard we share although our skin colors, languages, religious beliefs may be different. I think that is the standard of “beauty”.

However, the deep pursuit of beauty is slightly different depending on experience, age, and personality. That is why many types of wonderful artists who pursue the secrets of beauty always appear in the human history one after another.

Therefore, the photograph of crystals is neither science nor religion. I hope it is enjoyed as a new type of art. Nevertheless, the world it shows is truth, and there is no doubt that many messages essential to our lives are hidden in it.

Masaru Emoto
The Placebo Effect
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udJ31KKXBKk
The placebo effect at its simplest is an effect
produced by nothing. - Mitzi Baker

That “nothing” is usually some kind of fake treatment. It could be a pill containing an inactive substance such as sugar, an intravenous drip of saline solution or even holes drilled in the head for sham surgery. More subtle aspects of the placebo effect include what color a pill is, how much patients trust their doctors and, as Stanford associate professor of marketing Baba Shiv, PhD, and his colleagues have recently shown, the supposed price of the drug (the higher, the better).

The placebo effect perplexes patients, confounds clinicians and thwarts drug developers. It has been documented in the medical literature for more than a century, and anecdotally for thousands of years. Yet until the last decade or so, modern medicine has considered it largely a nuisance — an annoyance to account for when designing clinical trials. But now scientists armed with results of new imaging studies are beginning to harness the effect for the additional boost it can provide for therapy.

Shiv and various others interested in the placebo effect have turned to MRI scans of the brain to witness the interplay between mind and body. A group at the University of Michigan has found that MRI studies indicate that the placebo effect alters the brain’s interpretation of the body’s signals. At Stanford, associate professor of anesthesia Sean Mackey, MD, has taken this idea one step further and figured out how people can control the regions in the brain activated by the placebo effect to reduce pain.

Mackey’s team allowed chronic pain sufferers to see their brain activity in real time inside an MRI scanner, and the subjects used various mental strategies to try to calm the activity in one of the pain centers of the brain, the rostral anterior cingulate cortex. This region, which is active when a person receives a placebo, wraps around the corpus callosum — the fibrous bundle that relays neural signals between the right and left hemispheres of the brain. Over time, subjects developed the ability to dampen activity in this part of their brains, reducing their impression of pain.

“What we are doing with MRI is using laser beam-like focus and controlling specific brain centers associated with our perception of pain and turning it down right at the source,” says Mackey, who also directs the Stanford Pain Center. “We may ultimately be super-charging the same systems involved in placebo.”

Mackey’s group has learned a lot about which parts of the brain respond to the placebos. Now he and his colleagues are trying to tease apart the subtleties of the response: Why do some people have a very large placebo response and others don’t? Ultimately he wants to know: “How can we harness the placebo response to do good?”

Currently, it isn’t possible to easily or cheaply examine one’s own brain waves. And, says Mackey, “We can’t prescribe a placebo. That ultimately falls under deception, and the FDA frowns upon that.”

But a more immediate application might be simply acknowledging that a patient’s belief and expectation in a medical setting account for much of the healing power of the placebo.

Psychiatrist David Spiegel, MD, the Jack, Lulu & Sam Willson Professor in the School of Medicine, has extensively studied how psychosocial factors affect the brain’s response to pain and illness. “The placebo effect gets to the idea that we are social animals, and it can tell us a lot about the doctor-patient relationship,” says Spiegel, who contends that the current emphasis on doctors spending less time with patients and over-reliance on medications and procedures might be “penny-wise and pound-foolish.”

Spiegel notes a study that found that a side effect of cancer chemotherapy — lowered white blood cell counts — already kicks in when patients arrive at the hospital, even before they receive their next treatment. The patients and their bodies were expecting an effect, and their immune cells complied. “That means part of the response to a drug results from conditioning in addition to any direct pharmacological effect,” says Spiegel. In this case, chemotherapy kills rapidly dividing cells: both cancer cells and white blood cells. While a low white blood cell count is a side effect, the same principle applies to therapeutic effects. So if a patient’s confidence in the drug grows, conditioning might reinforce its physiological effects. Spiegel wonders: Would those patients be better off if physicians gradually lowered their doses as the placebo effect intensified?

Mackey points out that he actually uses the placebo effect all the time, maximizing its power by making it clear to patients that he believes in the drug or procedure and cares about their progress. And a patient who feels better is more likely to exercise and go to physical therapy, activities that are hard to start when in chronic pain. “How we present information to patients plays a huge role in the ultimate benefit that a patient will get out of a therapy, so we harness that all the time,” says Mackey. “It’s a double whammy to combine the pharmacological effects with the placebo effect — then we have a real winner.” The danger is setting expectations too high, which would likely result in a disappointed, frustrated patient.

Mackey even uses the placebo effect on himself. He’s convinced that taking zinc and the herb echinacea has drastically reduced the number of colds he gets each year. As for the scientific evidence, it’s irrelevant. “I’m a big believer in it,” he says. “Is it because the placebo effect is having an impact on my immune system? Maybe. But you know what, if it’s just the placebo effect, I’m OK with that.”
William Tiller

An Article Written by Tiller.
At least seven unique and important conclusions can be drawn from these six experiments:

Directed human intention can have robust effects in physical reality.
The magnitude of the intention-generated physical effects increases with continued inner self-management practice and thus growing coherence of the human source.
Directed intention must be considered as a thermodynamic potential and a significant experimental variable in any future paradigm concerning natural law.
Energies function in the universe that defy the present physical domain perspective and can be directed by sufficiently developed people.
Simple electronic systems can serve as a long-lasting host for these special energies and intentions. Such devices can broadcast their prime directive, which in turn appears to act as a controlling element in the physical processes needed to fulfill the prime directive.
Structure appears to exist in nature beyond the current view of space-time, and developed people have the capacity to access valuable information from such nonspatially and nontemporally limited channels.
The structure of space-time appears to adapt to continued use of intention-imprinted electronic devices and to develop coherence-like properties.
Article - http://www.tillerfoundation.com/subtle-energies.html

Video - How Consciousness effects the world
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWfMxRQ0AHU
Last edited by uMonk on February 2nd, 2012, 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

avalinah
Initiate
count: 47

Post by avalinah » November 30th, 2011, 5:06 pm

i will read this later when i have time, but for now i have to reply one thing to reply having read only a few lines! because it seemed relevant to me :)

i read this several days ago:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... vefunction

i will present one quote:
...but say in their paper that their finding is similar to the notion that an individual coin being flipped in a biased way — for example, so that it comes up 'heads' six out of ten times — has the intrinsic, physical property of being biased, in contrast to the idea that the bias is simply a statistical property of many coin-flip outcomes.

that is to say.. scientists might actually be able to prove there is such a thing as "mind over matter" :p

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Post by Jettins \o/ » November 30th, 2011, 5:33 pm

Hello,

Some interesting scientific experiments on mind over matter in the book "The Field - Lynne McTaggart" found here..

http://www.amazon.com/Field-Quest-Secre ... 432&sr=8-1

Have a great day! :D
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S