Theories and facts about Shadow People

tomcat941
Initiate

Post by tomcat941 » October 22nd, 2011, 12:47 pm

This is my research from about a year ago, which i posted on Av, and luckily saved on my documents. I have had to split it up, as it is too long for one post, so bare with me

I have decided I need information, seeing as most of it will be from the internet who knows how reliable it will be? But getting to know what these shadow people are is important, maybe I saw them for a reason? It’s weird, I’m scared to see them but disappointed when I don’t. I’m unable to conduct my own experiments and is it possible my memories are wrong? Even so, I am not the first to see these Shadow people and I won’t be the last and if someone can figure it out, so be it. Words in italics are added by me, everything else Is directly from the website.

entity:
Type A - Appear as a small dark misty cloud and are almost always under two feet in length, but can hover or float up to 8 feet high.
Type B - Appear as a huge glob of thick cloudy mass. They typically range from 2 to 8 feet in height.
Type C - Appear in human form and some may be seen wearing a hat. They typically appear up to 8 feet in height.
One major difference between recorded cases of 'Shadow People' and 'ghosts' is that whereas ghosts usually haunt one particular location and somehow repeat their former existence there, Shadow People have been known to 'interact' in as much as they observe and then disappear when noticed.
Possibilities of just what these Shadow Figures might be are:
a) Daemonic (given my hobbies, it's plausible :)
b) Paranormal, e.g. ghost
c) Alien
d) Dimensional Seepage
e) Inter-dimensional beings
f) Spirit (as in domovoi)
g) Astral entities
h) Time travellers
i) Echoes of the Self

Judging by the extremely brief nature of encounters and experiences with Shadow People it is apparent that these episodes are limited heavily in time factor - for what reason is unclear.
The lack of synchronicity of reproduced sound occasionally associated with their visitation and the indistinct, yet clearly human/hominid appearance of Type C Shadow People suggests that either only the projected aura can travel or that in order to travel through time/inter dimensionally, the frequency of what we call reality must be increased massively causing poor reception at the destination point.

Lack of interaction on any concrete level and for any extended period (excluding the observation, 'babble' and then disappearance that is the hallmark of these types of paranormal occurrence) suggests that SPs perhaps do not originate from the Demonic Planes or the Astral Planes of our own Reality/Time (unless the work of amateur astral Travelers).

-------------------

Visitors to this post may also like to read about "Fear in the Astral Realms". It has been know to produce the "Shadow people" phenomena. The perspective of those on the other side, the astral side of existence --> astral-projection/fear-dreams-and-astra ... -t502.html
Last edited by tomcat941 on October 22nd, 2011, 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomcat941
Initiate

Re: Theories and facts about Shadow People

Post by tomcat941 » October 22nd, 2011, 12:49 pm

One of the best means of testing if a Shadow Entity is 'real' or not is if it crosses an open doorway and still retains shape. This implies that it is not the sleepy mind distorting ordinary shadows because in an open doorway the shadow has no place to form.

‘The Shadows (mostly animals but also a few people) I have seen on the road have always started running across my path when there was zero chance of me avoiding them. Because I drive so much - approximately 4 hours per day - and in some of the worst weather imaginable and on very bad roads - I am careful to keep conscious and focused. These Microsleeps (and their non-hitting of my Mitsubishi at N kilomteres per hour which would be fatal otherwise) whack my heart out of rhythm and it takes a good while to calm down and establish normal breathing again after the shock of the Non-Collision.
I'm not talking blurs but fully formed, shadowy versions of animals such as deer. The entire road network is dotted with roadside memorials and huge roadsigns saying how many people have been killed and injured on that stretch in the last few years. It doesn't take a great leap of imagination to predict that there will be a few hauntings but Shadow People do NOT repeat these pointless actions of running into a road and dying ad infinitum. These I would count as ghosts.’

The Shadow People who could qualify as inter-dimensional entities are renowned for lurking - you know the sensation you get when your neck hairs stand on end and you just KNOW someone is standing behind you and watching you and when you turn around you see a blurred movement which your sanity dismisses as a trick of the light?
These peripheral vision Shadow Figures are brushed away in psychiatric terms as an aspect of Peripheral Vision Psychosis.
According to the Center for Paranormal Research and Investigation, low sound waves can even be the cause.
However, in the case of Shadow figures seen standing at the bottom or top of staircases (a common form of sighting) or the figure watching you in the bathroom, these cannot qualify as they are not peripheral. I, even though long exposed to psychology and its attempt to demystify the world, still don't believe that every single phenomenon can be dismissed as a psychosis (or, in the case of Saintly visions, the consumption of mouldy rye bread).

The fact that these shadow Figures are often noticed BECAUSE they are observing (the human mind and body has many in-built self defence mechanisms stemming from our days as prey rather than predator). We KNOW when we're being watched or talked about (warm earlobe as a superstitious example). These figures are often recorded because the object of their study notices them and turns around, and THEN sees them in peripheral vision - but the sensation of being watched precedes this, therefore negating the psychosis in many cases.

An example of a Shadow Figure watching from Ghost Study dot com
(http://ghoststudy.com/new6/shadowpics/page114.htm):

Shadow Figures are often reported by magic users following a ritual. It's extremely important before and after any ritual to 'cleanse' both the environs and oneself - not only from what was deliberately invoked/evoked but what may have also been attracted by Reality Frequency Disturbances.
“Some there be that shadows kiss; Such have but a shadow's bliss”
(The Merchant of Venice, Act II, Scene IX)

To use an example: You're trying to raise a daemon (whether or not the ritual is successful is irrelevant). What you're basically doing is calling out (or down, if that's your hypothesis) in such a manner that you'll attract its attention. The same goes for Ouija and other means of Clairvoyance (except they go upwards in traditional Belief systems, unless you're Vodun...then I still haven't worked it out and haven't had chance to ask Baron Samedi yet). You're basically opening up a means of communication or, much worse, a door.
One reason why the Simon Necronomicon was so terrifying (and the entire principle of Lovecraft's Mythos) was that doors could be opened but not closed again. It doesn't matter, on principle, if - in the case of the Simon - you're just spouting quasi Sumerian gobbledygook - you are 'opening doors' from your location and your reality to ‘others’. It is the experienced practitioner who knows how to open a door, do the deed and close it again and go to bed at night not wondering if he or she left the light on...

The Sixth Sense covers an immense area of pseudo-science (as psychology was known until recently); ESP and precognition are just two of many documented aspects that do not fit within the strict structure of the scientific 5 senses yet are clearly seen in some animals. Who knows what else is in our capabilities? After all, we managed to attain sentience.
To go back to the doors, imagine if you will that within our 'mind' (or soul, etc) we have the ability during ritual to create a harmonic that breaches the boundaries of this reality and probes others. We have no way of knowing if this opens a direct line to our intended summonee or contactee, or if it threads its way through countless other planes and realms, attracting the attention of whatever denizens might overhear it.

As I have oft stated, Daemonology is similar to primitive psychology - much of magic is - in that it is isolating and focusing one aspect of our minds using symbols, chants, metals, times and dates (which is where astrology comes in handy). We set the scene to put out a call to a daemon listed in some ancient tome or - and this is one reason I heartily recommend against this method for beginners, e.g. the Chaos Magick version - one of our own creation. Not only do we open ourselves up to whatever is listening in but in the case of 'Homemade Daemons' there is no direct end to the link. The practitioner has no idea whatsoever what will answer the call - or how to deal with it when it arrives (if...if....)
Shadow People, as can be seen in the various personal experiences that have been recorded, appear to be attracted to environs and people that have been involved with magic.
Last edited by tomcat941 on October 22nd, 2011, 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tomcat941
Initiate

Post by tomcat941 » October 22nd, 2011, 12:50 pm

It is eerily like sharks smelling blood in the water. The fact that these Shadow People apparently do nothing once they arrive - apart from lurk and watch - does not label them as either harmless or harmful.

I was not involved in magic or astral or anything when I first saw them, but they have become a bigger part of my life since astral projection-but that might be purely coincidental, not to mention I have never projected. And I have seen them in various different places.
I've never heard of anyone summoning them directly. Even mediums don't count them as successful contact with the Afterlife - they're more of an unwanted side-effect.
Quite often when communicating with various entities, one realises that their speech is somehow distorted as if coming through a filter; eg too fast, too metallic, too 'bubbly'. This really leads me to believe that in order to cross planes/time-space, there has to be frequency adjustment. Anomalous Voices, such as that which inspired me to begin research intro EVPs and Reversed Speech, are often associated with the appearance of Shadow People – and both are clearly ‘out-of-sync with this reality.

One theory I formulated many years ago concerning déjà vu, but which applies equally well to the appearance of Shadow People (I get really scary-arsed episodes of déjà vu, usually prior to something bad happening to me) was the Lag Theory. This is a bit Acid-esque but is basically based upon the theory that each decision has a number of possibilities, each of which creates another number of possibilities with different consequences, and so on virtually ad infinitum (the reason why it's not possible to travel to the future and return again as you'd never find your way back through the 'choice-labyrinth'); an extension of this is the parallel universe theory whereby at the point of each decision a new universe/reality is created in order to fulfil the possibility chosen by Self A, Self B, Self C, etc.
In the Lag Theory, Alpha Self (e.g. the you reading this) chooses the reality that I am currently in tune with, however, Alpha Self is still Beta Self and Gamma Self up to the point where their choice-route takes them on an utterly divergent course than that chosen by Alpha Self (we'll just ignore the even more Leary-esque type thinking whereby 'Am I Alpha Self or Beta Self, etc'? as that argument goes on forever). For the sake of argument, we are Alpha Self.
Okay, Alpha Self is in Reality 1, Beta Self is in Reality 2 (until the next branching of possibilities - over simplified I know, and not taking into account the innumerable realities caused from birth onwards). Let's say that Beta Self (who diverged from Reality 1 several years back but has followed a similar course with only minor differences) encounters a personal disaster after choosing one possibility in his/her own Reality. Example - Beta Self's friends ask him to come for a drink. Beta Self says he feels tired so declines the offer and goes home instead. On the way home he has a car crash and dies. This (either deliberately or as a Reality Impulse) sends a shock wave back along the branches and interacts with whichever other Self is currently in a near-identical situation. On a minor scale, this is like Gut instinct or Female Intuition - where the Self knows instinctively, although for no quantifiable reason, why something 'feels right or wrong'.
In the case of Shadow People, it's possible that they are either emanations of Delta or Epsilon Selves whose Reality has somehow crosswired with Alpha Self's, or - and this is where it gets scary - something else entirely that has come along to watch just which possibility your Alpha Self chooses at a particular moment, knowing that the consequences of this choice (and it could be something as simple as eating an apple or not eating an apple) will create a Butterfly Effect further down the Time Line. In this sense, they could be construed as 'Monitors'. When they appear after a magical ceremony (remembering that the limit of their interaction is usually running off when noticed - or, perhaps giving a grin and then running off), it's possible they're there merely as spectators waiting to see just what mess Alpha Self has caused throughout the planes and what the consequences will be.

Whatever they are, they show intelligence that is unknown in ghosts; they do not fit the criteria of the plethora of recorded daemons, they do not appear as fully formed entities swaying me against the alien argument. That leaves two main possibilities : Time and Dimensions.

No references are given concerning a lot of the information on here, and therefore , may be bias, or wrong. From:
http://meta-religion.com/Paranormale/Ot ... people.htm

Is there a difference between Shadow Beings and ghosts? Those who have witnessed the departed agree that most ghosts look like human beings. They may be pale, even transparent, but ghosts generally have facial features and expressions, they have distinct clothing, and they may even attempt to communicate.

Shadow Beings on the other hand reportedly have no discernable face or features, almost like a silhouette. Occasionally, only the upper part of the human form is visible. They’re silent. And they’re dark, often described as “blacker than black”. Sometimes they’re transparent, even wispy and smoke-like and other times they appear very dense and impossible to see through. They may be tall and extremely thin or shaped as if they’re wearing a long coat. In many cases witnesses report that the being seems to be wearing a wide-brimmed hat (which is why shadow beings are often nicknamed “hat men”). Rarely, these beings are perceived to have red glowing eyes, like the Mothman.

Just to be confusing, Shadow Beings are not necessarily people-shaped. Along with reports of moving blobs, amoeba-like or even geometric shapes, there have been sightings of shadow animals large and small. Shadow Beings are not restricted to the indoors or the night either – they’ve been observed outside and in broad daylight as well.

True-been seen in broad daylight outside, the one experience that couldn’t be doubted as weird memories, or out of the corner of my eye theory.

tomcat941
Initiate

Post by tomcat941 » October 22nd, 2011, 12:55 pm

One quality that all of the shadow entities appear to share is movement – rapid, even unnatural speed. The movement is often jerky and disjointed, and they can appear and disappear quickly. The laws of physics don’t seem to apply to them – Shadow Beings have been observed walking through walls and solid objects. And typically, they appear in places where no shadow would naturally fall. Sometimes they’re seen in mirrors and other reflective surfaces.

The one seen in daylight didn’t move fast but defiantly just disappeared. One didn’t move except for when it grabbed me, which was incredible fast. And the most recent was incredible fast walk like movement into my brothers room while the door was locked and closed.

Shadowy, human-like figures appear in Native American stories (eg. Nez Perce, Cherokee, Choctaw) and some of these shadow beings are said to be shapeshifters. Similar beings, called djinn or jinn (where we get the word “genie”), date back to pre-Islamic mythology. They too are able to change their shape and are said to inhabit a parallel world to humans. Many people still believe in their existence.

So what’s going on? Let’s allow that some of these reports really ARE imagination, or more likely, mistaken identity. After all, the human mind is hardwired to find patterns and form in whatever is being viewed (such as seeing faces in inanimate objects like woodgrain, moonscapes or clouds). And the phenomenon of waking sleep, called hypnogogia, is more common than previously thought. It’s a state of semi-consciousness where the person can be thinking clearly and believe that they are awake, yet they are actually dreaming. This is almost always accompanied by a sensation of dread. Since many encounters with shadow beings are reported as occurring when the witness had just awakened, hypnogogia could probably account for a lot of them.

Plus, it’s recently been discovered that electromagnetic impulses can interfere with the human brain, causing altered perception. Recent experiments at Laurentian University in Canada showed that people unknowingly exposed to a magnetic field often felt an unseen presence. Since such fields are now everywhere, this may account for a rise in the number of shadow beings and other phenomena being reported.

But what about accounts of shadow beings turning up in photographs? Or being seen by more than one witness at a time? Here’s a few of the theories:

No one I know has seen what I seen

Other dimensions

Science now tells us that 95 percent of the universe is composed of dark matter, which we’re unable to see plus many dimensions that are invisible to us. Of this, theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking says “There could be shadow galaxies, shadow stars, and even shadow people.” In other words, entire populated realms could exist that we don’t know about because we can’t perceive them. The shadow being phenomena might be caused by other dimensions that overlap our own and occasionally intersect.

Time travel

If you watch the Science Channel, you’ve heard there’s no law of physics that prevents time travel. Some paranormal investigators have proposed that Shadow Beings could actually be visitors from the future passing through. In the movies, when time travelers arrive at their destination, they’re perfectly visible – handy for the audience but what if it didn’t really work like that? What if travelers would actually appear as shadows in the time they’re visiting? (After all, they technically don’t exist there!)

Thought Entities

The 1956 sci-fi movie, Forbidden Planet, featured the concept of subconscious thought being brought to life. This correlates with a number of legends from different cultures. Egregores or Watchers were powerful psychic entities created by the collective thought of a group of people. This concept is said to appear in the Septuagint translations of the Old Testament, and in the writings of the Rosicrucians.

Shadow entities can allegedly be created by powerful emotions and negative psychic energy, particularly in a place where something traumatic has occurred.

Extra-terrestrials or Twilight Travelers

Some people feel that there’s a connection between some types of aliens and shadow beings. The shadow beings are said to be the aliens themselves or a telepathic projection. Abductees claim that a type of alien known as The Grays have the ability to pass through walls and closed doors with ease, or appear and disappear without warning.

Some people claim they can leave their body at will through meditation (called astral projection). Other theories claim that we all travel out of body when we sleep. Are shadow people merely the fleeting images of dreamers or twilight travelers passing through?

Can’t answer that, as projectors have sometimes been seen, and I once read that they could be seen as a ball of light?

tomcat941
Initiate

Post by tomcat941 » October 22nd, 2011, 12:58 pm

Witness accounts vary widely. Many report that the shadow being seems completely unaware of them. Sometimes the shadow being appears frightened or confused when it perceives a human watching them (almost like we don’t belong in their reality any more than they belong in ours). Others seem curious and deliberately watch humans (shadow voyeurs?), but vanish when detected. A few seem to enjoy scaring the bejeebers out of people.

The one seen in the forest seemed unaware of me, and seemed to want to get somewhere, the first one I saw scared the hell out of me and seemed to enjoy it, and the most recent didn’t see me as he was walking away.

Shadow beings seem to occur more frequently in certain locations, perhaps because of intensive magnetic fields in those areas, or perhaps because the dimensions intersect in specific spots. Several places in the US which are said to be haunted have been found to have shadow people rather than ghosts (Boothill Cemetery in Tombstone Arizona), or sometimes both (Waverly Hills Sanatorium in Kentucky and Civil War sites such as Gettysburg, Pennsylvania).

From: http://waypastnormal.blogspot.com/2010/ ... eople.html

Here is an experience I found on a website, I personaly don’t believe it as it seems very typical film ghost haunting, not to mention I tend not to believe when people claim they have red eyes, as I have never seen that (nor the hat) and there was something about how it was writen, but might aswell include it. Not to mention he was talking about intense puberty he had, but apparently it stopped when he was 10? And started before he was 9, so I somehow doubt puberty could have anything to with it, and was just included and clearly he hasn’t thought this through like you would a real experience.

I received the following email about one person's personal experiences with 'Shadow People'...very interesting account:

Shadow people are some of the most menacing and frightening entities around. I believe they are of a demonic nature. Not only do these dark shadowy figures cause anxiety and terror but often enjoy terrorizing people in their beds. Most shadow people are not alone but have partners in crime. The shadows that terrorized me were never alone. Sometimes my bedroom would be filled with dozens, big and small. Some could touch me. These shadows would pinch me. It wasn't till I was maybe about age 9 that I finally told my parents about these entities and it caused quite a stir in my family. As usual my parents thought I was suffering from nightmares and suggested I eat less before bed time.

Without fail these Shadows returned every night. It wasn't until one night I couldn't stand hearing their laughter that I resisted their powers to make people catatonic or in a paralyzed state that the reality of the situation was no longer a joke to my Mother as my bed began to shake violently as if a giant hand was shaking it. I jumped out of bed and ran so fast that I don't even remember running to my Mom's room. I jumped on her bed in the dark and her bed started shaking too. She held me in her arms as she prayed out loud to God and slowly the shaking resided. By the end of the month we moved out of that home.

Now this is what I gathered from that experience. One; That house was extremely old. I don't know if that had anything to do with it. But there was a bad vibe there from day one. A lot of crazy things happened there with my family fighting all the time. Never in the history of my family had there been soo many arguments and cases of domestic violence and abuse. Two; besides fights and arguments there was a vibe of mischievousness. When I played in that house it was almost as if all of us were in some kind of altered state, like some kind of dimensional trance. A good example of this was the movie ET where the kid gets aroused in the class room and he starts releasing the frogs. Yeah! I can't remember the whole thing. Let's just put it this way, I guess I went through intense puberty there. I remember having bad thoughts all the time. I remember my best friend Diana flirting with me and acting mature, but only in the house. When we played outside she was a normal kid. I swear this house had some effect on people's feelings and whatnot. The strange thing is that I don't remember much of my childhood in the house as I remembered most of my childhood in school or playing outside. I remember being cruel to my pets. I was never like that but I became a bad kid in the house. Outside I was quite normal.

The strange thing is that we moved about 5 blocks away from that house into a new apartment and I thought things were back to being normal for almost half a year with no incidents. No fights between Mom and Dad, when we all got together it was fun again. I noticed it right away the vibe change. I noticed that the old house was really dark inside. Half a year passed when I had my last incident one night.

It was early, maybe 2:30am I had woke up to use the restroom and I was maybe about 10 years old. I remember laying down in the bed and getting comfortable when I felt my bed got shoved from one side. At first I stood still as I thought maybe it was an earthquake. It passed and I played it off as just my imagination. As I began to fall asleep I had the sensation of being cold and clammy so I covered up. I felt feverish and I felt a small pinch on one of my toes. I became frightened as I looked around in the dark and saw 3 black outlines around my bed. The Shadows were back!

tomcat941
Initiate

Post by tomcat941 » October 22nd, 2011, 1:00 pm

I became paralyzed as I screamed for help, I'm still not sure if I did try but nothing came out or if I imagined screaming out. The point is, I was freaking screaming! I felt some cold weight on my chest as I became face to face with one of these entities. Still paralyzed it looked me right in the eye and this is what I saw. It's eyes were black as black velvet and evil looking, but the outside rim of it's eyes was black line yellow line, black line yellow line all around the outside perimeter of it's eye in a pattern and it moved counter clockwise motion. It's two other Shadow friends had red and the other full yellow eyes. It was unreal as they all burst out in this wicked laughter and vanished and never bothered me like that again.

Personally I favour tuning into another dimension theory, as that would explain how they can suddenly disappear. I have other experiences as well, such as seeing things and hearing voices and I have recently discovered I am not mentally ill. I can also see the world ‘breathe’ if that makes any sense, I have mentioned that I can see dots and the whole reality seems to be made up of pixels (the thing on computers) and I see colours like purple and green, and other colors and I have had some hallucination, such as waking up, thinking, wow it is cold, then seeing my dad lighting a fire to warm me up, and going back to sleep.

There is a chance that i forgot to put some of the things i said in italics, so in that case, either guess, or ask me if its my own words or not.

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Post by Jettins \o/ » November 11th, 2011, 5:27 pm

Very interesting information, I have a few suggestions..
I personaly don’t believe it as it seems very typical film ghost haunting, not to mention I tend not to believe when people claim they have red eyes, as I have never seen that (nor the hat)
This statement make me think the author is omitting the significance of an individuals subjective reality or how people interpret experience. Its common that people "see" a different thing of the same exact event. Taking this very essential factor on how reality is experienced I think makes the research incomplete.
Some people claim they can leave their body at will through meditation (called astral projection). Other theories claim that we all travel out of body when we sleep. Are shadow people merely the fleeting images of dreamers or twilight travelers passing through?
This statements makes me think the author does not have a clear understanding on how subjective reality is manifested in the phase...
As I began to fall asleep I had the sensation of being cold and clammy so I covered up. I felt feverish and I felt a small pinch on one of my toes. I became frightened as I looked around in the dark and saw 3 black outlines around my bed. The Shadows were back!

I became paralyzed as I screamed for help, I'm still not sure if I did try but nothing came out or if I imagined screaming out. The point is, I was freaking screaming! I felt some cold weight on my chest as I became face to face with one of these entities. Still paralyzed it looked me right in the eye and this is what I saw. It's eyes were black as black velvet and evil looking, but the outside rim of it's eyes was black line yellow line, black line yellow line all around the outside perimeter of it's eye in a pattern and it moved counter clockwise motion. It's two other Shadow friends had red and the other full yellow eyes.
The author did not state the quoted experience to be subjective, as someone with experience in the phase will recognize it as such. Instead it tries to equate it to the authors apparent "objective experience". This lack of separation is making the research a bit confusing to me.
Personally I favour tuning into another dimension theory, as that would explain how they can suddenly disappear. I have other experiences as well, such as seeing things and hearing voices and I have recently discovered I am not mentally ill. I can also see the world ‘breathe’ if that makes any sense, I have mentioned that I can see dots and the whole reality seems to be made up of pixels (the thing on computers)
The altered state of perception is clear. The author is most likely "sensitive" (sensitive to magnetic fields, electrical fields, hyper sensitive hearing, etc) and is able to subjectively perceive other states of reality, in a sense "tuning" into then. I will not specify how "real" it all is a scientifically tangible way as it is impossible, I will hit a dead end. To me "reality" is completely subjective and attempting to find a schema on how it all works can honestly only be reduced to a probability.
I have had some hallucination, such as waking up, thinking, wow it is cold, then seeing my dad lighting a fire to warm me up, and going back to sleep.
False awakening.

More thoughts on shadow people....
astral-projection/shadow-beings-t172.html#p529
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Moonlight
Initiate

Post by Moonlight » November 14th, 2011, 9:20 pm

Iv been watching alot of fringe latly and since sci fi shows are pretty much tell the truth most of the time, maby we are facing a parallel universe and theses shadow people are really just humans in another reailty. For sample the Muslims belive there are beings called "jinn" (?) and theses beings are just like us with family and friends etc, when they are in this reailty they can transform into animals. In the Quran the Quran god says that he made humans and the jinn so they can worship him. Maby there's some truth in that, that there are parallel worlds and we can tap into that sometimes and end up seeing shadowy people. In the gnostic text it talks about 8 heavens, in the Quran it's 7. What if theses "heavens" are really parallel worlds in diffent frequency? Also just like in fringe as in real life, people see the shadow beings in a lower state such as depression or something simulier to that state of consciousness. 

Braveheart
Initiate
count: 20

Post by Braveheart » November 15th, 2011, 6:19 pm

That was an interesting long read. I've managed to pick some valuable info for my own personal thoughts :)

I agree with everything Jettins said. Also, Shadow people can't be 'Travelers' passing by. Why would perception give another being such an alien form?

Seeing shadow figures in physical is hard for me to believe but it would be childish of me to challenge your word. Although, if you're driving and seeing shadow figures, why do you try to avoid hitting them? I'm sure you won't hurt them or anger them xD

I've never seen these figures but i've heard some pretty interesting cases. They're probably just a an echo of yourself like you mentioned. This echo would take the form fear is giving it, as to be able to induce fear in the first place. The observing factor is the most interesting part to me. People often associate fear with knowledge, i'm sure there's a relation there. The ol' knowledgable serpent trait so to say.