my progress (December)

avalinah
Initiate
count: 47

my progress (December)

Post by avalinah » November 30th, 2011, 1:05 pm

i guess since i moved from LD4all, i will be listing my progress here instead. my old journal can stay there. let's start anew :)

first of all.. my colour codes:
DEILD
failed DEILD
LD
MILD
normal dream
false awakening
RCILD
WILD
failed RC

so yesterday i read about OmkAR's fast counting technique. i guess my intention sunk in pretty deep, because i found myself conscious two times during the night. just suddenly, in a black deep void. i've been there and i know that when i'm there, i can certainly DEILD. so i thought, hey, let's try Om's counting thingie. since he had posted some nice animations in his topic, it was easier for me to imagine. i guess i just saw numbers light up or some kind of dial.. don't remember now. it started working, and i could feel myself sinking. but then i reached some kind of 'ground plane' and stopped. there was nowhere to sink anymore :/ then i passed out. the second time the same thing happened. when i finally woke up after that and looked at the clock, i was surprised. it felt like it was nearly the morning, as if i've slept very long. but as it turned out i was just an hour in O_o basically, i guess i wasn't in REM yet. but what puzzles me is that i got consciousness so soon, and kind of without waking up. it felt as if i woke up, but in the morning i realised i hadn't actually opened my eyes or even felt my body. i woke up in SP in a void, that's all. the thing is, my intention held very deeply and worked twice even. i think those are some nice results.

i'll be trying again. i had some dreams after that, but i fail to remember any of that. my sleep after these tries was deep and without any interruptions, it seems.
Last edited by avalinah on December 13th, 2011, 9:25 am, edited 7 times in total.

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

my progress

Post by Jettins \o/ » November 30th, 2011, 1:19 pm

i could feel myself sinking. but then i reached some kind of 'ground plane' and stopped. there was nowhere to sink anymore
Hello Avalinah,

When induce OBEs directly without losing consciousness I have same sensation you describe. You might also able to induce OBEs with this tech, as it utilizes the falling sensation.. induction-techniques/jettins-wbtr-with- ... t-t74.html

Congratulations on the counting technique working for you!

Have a great day! :D
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

avalinah
Initiate

my progress

Post by avalinah » November 30th, 2011, 3:03 pm

i partly read this today, but my problem is the >waking up<. because if i use an alarm, i will not go back to sleep like.. until the next day :( and if i stay up (like WBTB) i will also.. not go back to sleep ever >.< if i wake up and manage to not do anything, then, THEN i can talk about LDs :) but anything to do with even going to the bathroom is dangerous for my sleep as i will probably get insomnia :/
i do fall asleep at times again, but it's just normal sleep. if i try to WILD after moving around, i will surely get insomnia (tried it so many times, now i just don't risk my sleep again)..

so the big problem is not in the technique for me. it's in the waking up.. to wake up i have to learn to set the intention right.. setting the intention is hard because if you want it too much/too little/too much motivation/too little motivation/weather too cold or too hot xD haha, i don't know, but intentions are really easy to break for me. so that's my main problem..

avalinah
Initiate

2011-12-01

Post by avalinah » December 1st, 2011, 3:37 am

well, no luck tonight. but i believe that was because i didn't get enough sleep >_< should have talked to you guys less and gone to bed earlier yesterday :lol:

but i did have several nice normal dreams. in the first one there were these guys who came to our house to "rob" us. they just wanted a phone. so we hid all the good phones and wanted to give him an old one. but i found that my old cell was somehow upgraded and really cool, so i gave him a shittier older one and kept playing with that one. it had a liquid crystal display, but sometimes it seemed that it would forget that it does and show up in colour.

the next dream was about me and my dream character boyfriend (non-existant, i don't even remember his face) walking around in the outside, it was summer. everything seemed like a consctruction site, all the playgrounds had huge construction machines and they would fall on us. we would run and hug, it was cute. then we met these workers who were made to work in bad conditions, and they were opposing it.. so i wanted to defend them and stated some kind of a "EU law" by which they can't work if at least one of them opposes it. they were happy and we all ran off to celebrate :lol:

i don't know about LDing these days. i will not be able to get enough sleep tonight and probably the next night :cry:

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

my progress

Post by Jettins \o/ » December 1st, 2011, 11:19 pm

Hello Avalinah,

I have to say, this is interesting and maybe telling..
these guys.. they just wanted a phone. so we hid all the good phones and wanted to give him an old one.. so i gave him a shittier older one..
I am not surprised that now that you are single again you might be getting the correct sense that guys might like to have your phone number and you might not be interested in that at the moment. I am tempted to tie in your next dream but it might not be such a good idea.

You know, I sometimes stay up all night on purpose to shift my sleep cycles. To me it can sometimes get me out of a period of low dream vividness and recall, but I would only recommend it to those that have been committed and already have successful experiences. I know this information might not be realized by some people, but if you log your dreams every morning as I have done for a period of years you start to see some interesting effects. Omkar has noticed similar results. I will continue on a new post.

From your dream, I got the idea of starting a post about personality traits that can promote lucidity found here..
topic-the-week/personality-traits-promo ... -t256.html

Thanks!

Have a great day! :D
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

avalinah
Initiate

2011-12-02

Post by avalinah » December 2nd, 2011, 3:58 am

lol Jettins :) nobody ever asked me for my phone number. that sort of stuff just doesn't happen to me :) guys don't pick me up xD i don't have this idea in my head even :D so.. i don't think i'd be dreaming about that, lol :lol:

Jettins - i have been logging my dreams every morning since 2007 and before i was even interested in lucid dreaming :) no interesting effects though, i don't know what you mean. only some interesting dreams :)
but my best days of dreaming are gone. now i don't get dreams as interesting as i used to. i bet it's due to getting a job, getting up early and having less time for pondering on shows i liked, books i liked. i don't even know :P

i had some dreams tonight too, something to do with my friend that i hung out with yesterday, but i'm much too tired to remember them :( i barely had any sleep tonight ;__;

avalinah
Initiate

2011-12-03

Post by avalinah » December 3rd, 2011, 3:33 am

Very long and complicated dreams, i only remember bits. I had a DC boyfriend again o_o he was very sweet, he was going to learn dancing with me. Later something happened and we somehow transfered to a world without technology. At first i thought there would be nothing left, and how would we survive? But when our group of people walked around, we saw the most beautiful settlement ever. Off a hill, we looked down, and there was this little village with very beautiful white houses and red dirt streets. It was like a park, and each house was made from white stone, perhaps marble. They were just made of the stone, but it was the most beautiful thing i have seen. They kind of looked like this, but i can't find an adequate picture. of course it was much much nicer, and the park they were in was green, and had these red dirt pathways. really cozy and calm.

I couldn't believe that we'd be so lucky and we'd live here. We also knew that this world we transfered to would only survive for a few years and then fade away, but it was alright, because it was like paradise, and we got a few years in heaven. but i think that that world was in the body of a dying person O_O which is why it would eventually die. i find that very symbolic somehow :p

I also woke up twice during the night and tried DEILD twice, once with the fast counting. But nothing worked out, i just lost my senses.. I woke up too deeply both times i think, and i even sat up once, so clearly not DEILD time :p i also had one FA, i think. But i got nothing out of it, then i woke up and thought i'm an idiot :p
Last edited by avalinah on December 4th, 2011, 10:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

avalinah
Initiate

2011-12-04

Post by avalinah » December 4th, 2011, 9:46 am

so i had an abundance of dreams tonight!

one of the earliest dreams that i remember is.. my OBE. i got out of my body, took a while even, and i know it didn't end on me.. i was in this void, and i did something, but.. right after this dream (which was deep in the night, and i didn't wake up from it either) was a dream with.. someone i loved and lost :/ we were talking about really serious stuff (i don't know what to think, doesn't feel like a dream at all :/ i wonder if.. but i'll never know..).. anyway, due to that dream and the emotional stress there, i completely forgot all of my OBE :( how lame is that?

after that i woke up many times and tried the SOBT techniques for DEILD. i woke up 5 times, tried them all those 5 times, but it yielded no results at all. i was too wide awake. i think i first need to wake up more softly. not moving doesn't actually play the most important role! even if you don't move, you can be knocked out of the trance state very easily if you wake up with an inside jolt, which nearly always happens to me.

i was very mad at myself that my subconscious messed up my first OBE (by still thinking about the someone i won't see again so much) and the rest of the 5 attempts. however in the middle of the day i went to do this meditation (done with a CD track), and when it was done i knew i was nearly sleeping, so i just turned over and went to sleep. there was some blackness, and then later i remember my consciousness slowly emerging from a dream. and i knew i was dreaming. it was a vague notion at first, and then just knowing all the way. but it was different from the usual way - it wasn't shocking, i just knew i was dreaming, that's all. what was strange was that i decided not to fly off to the sunset to some adventure, i just decided to "play along" with the dream so it wouldn't black out on me. i didn't feel a strong will to change anything either, i just wanted to stay aware in the world and just live there just like i do in this one. that's unusual to my normal attitude.

so i was walking around in my school with a friend. we went to the bathroom we used to use when i was 7-11 years old. while she was using it, i was near the sinks for washing the hands.. they had these tiny mirrors, and i looked at myself. i saw myself, but i was wearing these weird glasses (i don't wear glasses anymore). i thought, interesting. and the picture was so blue, cold colours, like looking into another realm. but so clear, clearer than anything i've seen in LDs usually.

then i went to the bathroom. the weird thing was that i was feeling 'the script' of what i was supposed to do in the dream, but i didn't follow like a dumb doll anymore - i decided to play along, it was a choice. i find it very interesting. so i went to the stall, and i noticed i'm only wearing socks, and thought, oh great :lol: the floors were blue, which was weird. i tried to "go", but it didn't work, so i decided to skip this so i wouldn't wake up. then i don't remember, i think i left, and somehow.. either it blacked out, or there's a part i don't remember.

i think my awareness was very faint at that moment, but next up i find myself travelling in a car. and i see these buildings, and the grass.. fresh snow on the grass..

and then i think, there's no snow yet.. right, this is a dream, still a dream! it's all a little hazy by this time, and so i try to repeat "who am i? where am i? what am i going to do?", but that doesn't have much relevance.. so i just decide to touch the snow instead. the feeling was nice.. i could really feel the snow, and i thought it's so beautiful (normally in life i hate the snow though!).. and it blacks out again.
then i wake up.. get up, it's dark.. i turn on the light, but.. the light turns on in the other side of the room. so i realise i'm dreaming again, but i check just for the sake of it. it's working, and the nose RC always feels so weird, i laugh at it.. but it's blacking out again. then i try the SOBT methods again, OmkAR's fast counting as well.. it's all working, i'm swaying somewhere, but i can't catch myself.. first it's black, then i see the blue sky with white clouds, but i feel like i'm dying or something..

it was a little too overwhelming, which is why i think i quickly found myself back in the bed with a rapid heartbeat. i tried to go back using the same methods, but it was too late - i think my body was a little too shocked to go back to sleep. my heartbeat was insane, and i don't even know why, but i suspect that it was the spinning and swaying - like when riding a rollercoaster.

this LD was very different from my usual ones. i didn't run off "to do better stuff". i just took in the world as it was there, and it didn't kick me out. i had time to look around. my ludicity might have been a bit hazy, but the dream was fully stable (usually though i'll have stable lucidity but the dream falls apart). i think this calmness that i had was because i did that meditation before and it had a very calming effect on me.

i wish i could do naps more often, because usually when you sleep during a nap, your awareness is at the day levels, so you are much harder to fool. whatever the dream, you usually understand it's a dream.

apart from all this, i had a dream where i was at my boss's house watching a movie during the night, and then also something with my friends, but it's just normal dream stuff, so i won't go into it now.
Last edited by avalinah on December 9th, 2011, 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Astralnaut
Initiate
count: 50

my progress

Post by Astralnaut » December 5th, 2011, 4:26 pm

Awesome! Good luck and dont feel upset if you fail ;)

avalinah
Initiate

2011-12-06

Post by avalinah » December 6th, 2011, 3:15 am

and failing is exactly what i did this morning :lol: muhahahahaha

i did have some dream during the night, but i don't remember it now, so who knows? maybe it was a LD XD haha.

then i dozed off in the morning and had this crazy mixed up dream. at first about my dad.. which wasn't a good dream. then i had a boyfriend (what the hell is up with these boyfriend dreams >_<) and he was in jail and i was gonna leave him cause of that but i kept forgetting. how can i remember to become lucid if i forget even the dream scenario :lol:

then i had a fun dream with lots of FMs, so it felt like it was very long. i was this florist from Italy with a fancy name that i can't remember. and there was this woman named Beladonna who hated me and sent this guy to kill me. he posed as someone who loves me (again!! >_<) and i believed him, i was so stupid in that dream (again!! XD).. and then he was coming to kill me, but i had nonchalantly ran off to some train to go somewhere.. lol. and so he found the people that i live with. it was some kind of mix up.. there was a fake king and a real king, and they were sarcastically talking when i woke up. so random. but the dream felt long and complicated.

i have failed to remember to DEILD this morning :/ to even try. i remembered like 10 minutes after i woke up >_< it does surprise me though that when i dozed off again, i managed to have like 3 dreams in just 20 minutes.