Experience December 9th

kendra
Neophyte

Experience December 9th

Post by kendra » December 9th, 2011, 2:23 pm

I've had an extremely dry spell for several months now except for some sleep paralysis here and there. I was in chat and OmKar suggested that I try inducing upon waking. It reminded me that that always used to work for me and I have no idea why I forgot and stopped.

This morning I decided to try it. I remember feeling like I was asleep and just waking up and feeling disappointed that I had only slept. However, something was different (this part if already blurry) and something made me decide to do a reality check, so I tried floating up in the air and to my delight it worked. So far as I could see I was in the room that I was sleeping in. It never occurred to me to look at my physical body, because for some reason I had it in my head that I should check the shelf for stuff on it. The shelf was where it should be, but none of the stuff was familiar. It was totally different stuff than is actually there in the physical.
I was having a lot of trouble with floating. I could only seem to float parallel to the floor with my feet back behind me. This was upsetting me as I had to lean on the walls to feel upright and I wanted very much to just float vertically like a decent OBEing person. I did not seem to figure that out, however. So, as anyone would... I decided to fly myself out the window.
As I went through the window I remember kind of seeing it pass through me, shades and all. Then I was on the other side.
It was NOT the outside that is actually outside my window.. and it was night when really it should have been morning as it was in the physical, and I remember knowing this at the time.
At some point I found myself within another building/house. The house felt extremely familiar but was nowhere I've ever been. It had pictures of people I know... and not distorted pictures, but pictures that looked exactly as the people do... but they were from random times in history- pictures that I do not actually have of these people. The kitchen was very small with an old, yellow fridge. The sink was unused- also old... maybe from the 40's or 50's and had stacks of paper in it. As I went to the door to go outside I saw some stairs going down into a basement that had stacks of stuff lying on the stairs. I had an inkling to go down there but decided against it. Not sure what was down there... but it did give me a really strange feeling. Suddenly I blacked out.
I woke up within my bed and saw my blanket, which for some reason scared me and I screamed. I know, right?
Anyway, I got up thinking "wow, I totally just physically screamed upon waking from my OBE state. I wonder what the neighbors must think." I decided to get up and go to the AV IRC chat because I wanted to immediately share my experience with Sergiu and uMonk- who were in the chat when I went to induce. I decided that I had A LOT to say and that I should use the PC in the living room rather than my iPhone which is usually just frustrating. As I opened the door I noticed bags and bags of groceries in the kitchen. "WTF?" I look over and Alex is home (he should be at work) and he is playing videogames... probably Skyrim. So I'm all "Uhh... heyyyy wtf are you doing here???" and suddenly something about the nonsense of him both buying tons of groceries and being home early from work (two things that ordinarily don't happen, especially at the same time) made me do a reality check. Floating, I was. "WELL, SHIT! It was a false awakening!"
Suddenly I got the idea in my head that I should try to visit another forum member. He hasn't been on in a long time, I assume he has some work project that is keeping him. So, I got it into my head that maybe I can go visit him and remind him to come back to the forums. I willed over and over again to see him, which did not seem to be working. Finally I appeared somewhere outside of a truck. There was a woman in the driver's seat and a man getting out going into a building. For some reason I thought maybe that was him.. since I had previously been trying to find him and was lead here. I then got stuck outside the truck, unable to move. I stared in at the woman, who seemed to notice me there and wondered what my problem was. Something about it wasn't adding up, though. I know that he lives in the UK and this woman was driving an America-style vehicle with the steering wheel on the left side of the car. I decided to go wander off somewhere down a street when I noticed the guy coming back out of the building. I decided I'd better check but was having a lot of issues getting back over to him. At first I started floating backwards not seeing where I as going and then I decided to turn around and float forward. Apparently I had to will which direction I was going rather than physically try to go that way. Once I found him the two of them did not appear to be familiar at all. They were sitting outside in some chairs together- which doesn't make sense, really because they were bundled up like it was cold. I went up to get a look at him, and it did not appear to be the person I was looking for, nor did the guy even seem familiar. He was also nasty and rude. Upon noticing me he asked me what the fuck I was looking at. To which I said I thought he was someone else and then went on to insult him and say he clearly was not what I was looking for.
Suddenly I was in my bed again, disappointed yet excited that I had had an experience at all. I turned over to grab my iPhone to begin to tell the guys in chat about my experience, but as I tried to type the screen wouldn't respond to me at first. The I was in the chat and Sergiu said "So you had an experience?"
I tried to reply but the screen looked wonky and I began to realize I was still not awake. Then I started to float around aimlessly again with my phone in hand. It wouldn't respond to anything I was trying to do and even seemed stuck to my hand.
I had yet another false awakening with the phone and trying to go into chat.
Finally now I am actually awake and it felt as if I had been there for hours when actually it all took place in little over an hour.
Last edited by kendra on January 5th, 2012, 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ssurge

Experience December 9th

Post by Ssurge » December 9th, 2011, 4:43 pm

It was NOT the outside that is actually outside my window.. and it was night when really it should have been morning as it was in the physical, and I remember knowing this at the time.
Same happens to me. It mostly is nighttime, probably because of the winter and too many night inductions.
Anyway, I got up thinking "wow, I totally just physically screamed upon waking from my OBE state. I wonder what the neighbors must think."
Hehe, In one of my SP's I also wanted to see if sounds were in my head or not and was worried if I was speaking physically. :D
Anyway, I got up thinking "wow, I totally just physically screamed upon waking from my OBE state. I wonder what the neighbors must think." I decided to get up and go to the AV IRC chat because I wanted to immediately share my experience with Sergiu and uMonk- who were in the chat when I went to induce. I decided that I had A LOT to say and that I should use the PC in the living room rather than my iPhone which is usually just frustrating. As I opened the door I noticed bags and bags of groceries in the kitchen. "WTF?" I look over and Alex is home (he should be at work) and he is playing videogames... probably Skyrim. So I'm all "Uhh... heyyyy wtf are you doing here???" and suddenly something about the nonsense of him both buying tons of groceries and being home early from work (two things that ordinarily don't happen, especially at the same time) made me do a reality check. Floating, I was. "WELL, SHIT! It was a false awakening!"
Awesome realization Kendra! These FA's are very powerful and distracting. Perhaps we should do some reality checks in the AV chat too. I once was told to go to OOBE in the chat when I realized I had already gone and failed. Damn dreams!
Sergiu said "So you had an experience?"
I tried to reply but the screen looked wonky and I began to realize I was still not awake. Then I started to float around aimlessly again with my phone in hand. It wouldn't respond to anything I was trying to do and even seemed stuck to my hand.
I had yet another false awakening with the phone and trying to go into chat.
Hehe, "they" got you this time. I am such a bastard for confusing you, hehe :D Awesome experience, though! Keep it up.

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Experience December 9th

Post by Jettins \o/ » December 9th, 2011, 5:41 pm

The house felt extremely familiar but was nowhere I've ever been. It had pictures of people I know... and not distorted pictures, but pictures that looked exactly as the people do... but they were from random times in history- pictures that I do not actually have of these people.
During the experience you recognized the pictures. During the experience do you remember why you might recognize them, why you may know them?

It happens to me that during the experience I suddenly have a memory of what I am seeing, and when I wake up and recall the experience I do not know why I have a memory of something that don't recall having lived in my life.

What do you make of the memory of knowing the imagines on the pictures while in the experience, and now that you are awake not recalling their origin? For the sake of speculation, would you consider these memories as imagines you have seen in old photographs, forgotten memories from physical life, probable lives, or something else? What are your thoughts.

Have a great day! :D
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

kendra
Neophyte

Experience December 9th

Post by kendra » December 9th, 2011, 7:55 pm

The pictures were actually of friends and siblings from my physical life, but the photos are pictures I don't think I have or have seen. They were making strange faces or in weird poses. One of the pictures was of my brother as a little boy on a magnet on the fridge. It was somehow cartoonish with his eyes and toothy smile enlarged like a cartoon. In fact, now that I am remembering it in detail I remember saying to 'no one' "I wouldn't go to HIS dentist".

avalinah
Initiate
count: 47

Experience December 9th

Post by avalinah » December 10th, 2011, 2:18 pm

cool! your FAs remind me of the time when i had some 15 in a row :D i started panicking even, lol. congrats on breaking the dry spell :)

Summerlander

Experience December 9th

Post by Summerlander » December 11th, 2011, 12:38 pm

Woah! That is some crazy experience!