How can I myself begin to grow spiritually

The Opportunity for Spiritual Growth while still in physical life. Topics such as Spirituality and Metaphysics are welcomed.
SmallExpiriences
Neophyte
count: 0

How can I myself begin to grow spiritually

Post by SmallExpiriences » February 27th, 2013, 11:24 pm

Hello, new here to the forum but have always been interested in these subjects. Anyway Im a 16 year old guy who recently went through some sort of guided experience, not lucid or OBE however. After taking some time off of pot(17 days), I had used it again, that time I used it was a very profound experience. Ive been used to smoking everyday all day for the past four years so nothing was new to me, except this experience however. After smoking, my heart began to beat faster then it ever had before, I didn't think it had the ability to beat that fast. Then as I began to look around (I was in a garage to get out of the house) at the trash, empty boxes, cigarette butts on the ground, it hit me that this was a very small snapshot of what my life was to become if I continued the path I was on. After years of smoking pot, I should have just been able to blow it off as getting too high, taking too big of a hit, however the ONE word I used to describe it (and it sounded crazy to me even as I told my brother it during all of this) I said "This is a sign" the ONE word that fit how I was feeling. That it was a sign, not that I was too fucked up, but that it was a sign i needed to quit. There was even more to this night involving God but I wont go into details right now because it sounds crazier and crazier hahaha. (If anyone wants to actually know the weirdest part of this night involving some sort of guidance just post, its some bizarre stuff though) Anyway since that experience I have quit smoking and believe its what I'm supposed to do...

Anyhow I was curious as to how I may be able to further enlighten myself spiritually, meditation is something I have started doing and love it, however it feels as though I can do more to open my awareness. If anyone has some ways that I can further progress myself into this deeper meaning and understanding of life please post and let me know, I would love to hear some ideas. Ive felt for some time (since I was young) that their was more to life, and definitely more than mindlessly staring at TV screens, their is something deeper and I want to tap into it. I believe I am ready to start.

P.S. Their is a post of an interview with Marilyn Hughes, and listening to this blew my mind, but not necessarily because of what she said(that was some amazing stuff as well). However it was because so much of what she said, and has come to realize through years of experience... at 16 years old I had already confidently believed ALOT of what she talked about. The fact that I had already believed what she was talking about, months before listening this interview, really blew my mind. She's only come to these conclusions through years of experiencing it, how the heck did I know this stuff?!

Austin3211
Initiate
count: 1

Re: How can I myself begin to grow spiritually

Post by Austin3211 » February 27th, 2013, 11:38 pm

I would recommend trying to contact your spirit guide . You can contact them through the physical world with meditation, or in dreams but personally I think it would be easier in the physical world because in dream you might not be able to get your point across if your not advanced enough to have a lucid dream. I am also attemping to contact my spirit guide which I will attempt to do right after this post, I'll let you know how it went tomorrow. This is the guide im using. http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8493. With best wishes, -Austin.

SmallExpiriences
Neophyte

Post by SmallExpiriences » February 27th, 2013, 11:42 pm

Thanks for the reply Austin ! That sounds like a great idea, definitely sounds like a good step at least. Ill give it a try through my meditation from now on, ill allow myself to be very receptive during it and If I can without breaking it try and even reach out to my spirit guide.

Austin3211
Initiate
count: 1

Post by Austin3211 » February 27th, 2013, 11:46 pm

SmallExpiriences wrote:Thanks for the reply Austin ! That sounds like a great idea, definitely sounds like a good step at least. Ill give it a try through my meditation from now on, ill allow myself to be very receptive during it and If I can without breaking it try and even reach out to my spirit guide.
What ever you do Don't get discouraged if you can't get it right away. I got discouraged when I firsted started praciting Astral projection which I think is one of the main reason why I couldn't do it. If you don't get it the first time just keep at it you will get it.

SmallExpiriences
Neophyte

Post by SmallExpiriences » February 28th, 2013, 12:03 am

Yeah definitely makes sense. A year or two back when astralviewers was around I had attempted it and on my first experience felt a wash of relaxation and started to enter the (Spellings off) hypognogic/vibrational stage. For some reason I lost interest and I believed it was b/c I was too afraid to continue but I think that fear was me knowing I wasn't ready yet.

fairyana
Initiate
count: 2

Post by fairyana » February 28th, 2013, 6:45 am

Hi SmallExpiriences, welcome to this forum!

You're definitely to a good start with the meditation. Meditating or attempting astral projection is good in that it'll give you a greater awareness of your spirituality. Though growing spiritually can be done both in the astral and in our everyday reality. I think the key to growing spiritually has a lot to do with practicing "spiritual" ethics. What I mean by that is that in our everyday life our thoughts tend to focus on things that aren't really important, or sometimes we get angry or frustrated at people or things, or aren't there for people who need our attention, or acquire certain prejudice, things like that. So to grow spiritually in this reality is to master your own mind so that your thoughts are in the right place, meaning, to be humble about yourself, be caring or respectful towards others, have a sincere purpose of wanting what's best for others (respecting their will to receive or not what you have to offer), etc. It's not as easy as it sounds! How many times I totally lost it, for instance, in a chaotic traffic. The other day I lost it when this guy I don't even know was very rude to me. Even though I didn't respond back with the same rudeness, my thoughts were just terrible, I let anger and resentment get to me over a very insignificant thing, really. So it's about controlling your thoughts, our consciousness (we are essentially consciousness).

In the astral, the difference is that you see crystal clear at what development stage your consciousness is at, because everything you encounter in the astral is like a big reflection of your own consciousness. It's another "playground" or tool for you consciousness' development and for helping others.

Astralnaut
Initiate
count: 50

Post by Astralnaut » February 28th, 2013, 7:24 am

hello :)

SmallExpiriences
Neophyte

Post by SmallExpiriences » February 28th, 2013, 3:11 pm

Thanks for the reply Fairyana ! Some cool stuff you said and at a good time too. I love the idea of using spiritual practices more or less in everyday life and that's just more or less a best attempt at being selfless it seems from your post. As well it relates to me, especially the be there for people who need you part. My girlfriend is a tremendously damaged and hurt soul, who went through expiriences no one ever should in any life times. Can I ask, if you or anyone else has any idea,

Do those higher beings have the ability to see a truly hurt soul in need of guidance and healing, and if so will they try and help them if they believe that person needs it? I personally think they can and that they do help if you let them... As well I would assume if that person actually asks for help, they're more likely to be noticed by one of these higher beings and more likely to be assisted. I'm curious as to what the members think of this ? I may make a new thread if needed be. Hopefully someone responds though. Thank you all so much for your help and replies !

fairyana
Initiate
count: 2

Post by fairyana » February 28th, 2013, 5:54 pm

Yes, higher being do have the ability to see a truly hurt soul in need of guidance. In this life we have so many people who will hurt others because they are blinded by their own problems, by their ego, etc. and so it happens that many good souls get hurt by them. Ultimately one has to see that everytime one manages to lift themselves up from these difficult situations it only makes them so much stronger. I'm assuming she was hurt by someone. Is this the case? Or is it more like an illness she's going through? If it's healing an illness, there are some considerations I would have to make. So I'd like you to specify this for me please.

The thing is that we have higher beings looking out for us all the time, regardless of if we want them or not. And not only higher beings, but all sorts of benevolent beings that care for us, like family and friends who are in the spirit world and incarnated in this world too. So you may well be one of them who are able to help her. Good guardian spirits always want to help the person, regardless if they ask or not. The thing is, those who do not ask for help or don't want help end up shutting down the inspiration that the good spirits send. They rather let their mind fill with bad stuff. So the good spirits are there, with them, but hopeless to do anything because the person's mind is not willing to recieve them. It's a lot like those cartoons where on one shoulder there's that voice of good coming from an angel and on the other shoulder there's a little devil. It's kind of like that, metaphorically speaking. So the voice of reason in a person's head is many times the influence of a higher consciousness.

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Post by Jettins \o/ » February 28th, 2013, 6:53 pm

Fairyana wrote:So to grow spiritually in this reality is to master your own mind so that your thoughts are in the right place, meaning, to be humble about yourself, be caring or respectful towards others, have a sincere purpose of wanting what's best for others (respecting their will to receive or not what you have to offer)
I think this is the case. Thanks for sharing.
Fairyana wrote:The thing is that we have higher beings looking out for us all the time, regardless of if we want them or not. And not only higher beings, but all sorts of benevolent beings that care for us, like family and friends who are in the spirit world and incarnated in this world too. So you may well be one of them who are able to help her. Good guardian spirits always want to help the person, regardless if they ask or not. The thing is, those who do not ask for help or don't want help end up shutting down the inspiration that the good spirits send. They rather let their mind fill with bad stuff. So the good spirits are there, with them, but hopeless to do anything because the person's mind is not willing to recieve them. It's a lot like those cartoons where on one shoulder there's that voice of good coming from an angel and on the other shoulder there's a little devil. It's kind of like that, metaphorically speaking. So the voice of reason in a person's head is many times the influence of a higher consciousness.
I think this is a good way of putting it. It appears to me that God helps in mysterious ways. The lower the dimension the more mysterious it appears to be. But it's only mysterious because we can't understanding it directly. In the physical system we are in a lower dimension. When you start going into higher states objectively aware during out of body experiences you may experience the power of God in a more direct way. In a higher perceptual awareness or state you will be able to hear and most important of all, understand the angel in your shoulder metaphorically speaking. The more advance spiritual beings present themselves when you can understand them.

Thanks for sharing,

Take care!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S