Learning Astral Projection & Meditation – Emptying Your Cup

The Opportunity for Spiritual Growth while still in physical life. Topics such as Spirituality and Metaphysics are welcomed.
Xanth
Initiate

Learning Astral Projection & Meditation – Emptying Your Cup

Post by Xanth » April 7th, 2013, 2:00 pm

I think everyone, at one point or another throughout their lives, has hear this phrase before – “Empty your cup”.
It’s not directly spiritual or religiously related, although it can be related to just about every aspect of your life.

This is something that I have personally experienced, and I whole-fully believe that everyone has to do in order to progress on their path. That path can be learning Projection, Meditation, Spirituality in general… anything.

For myself, it was relating directly to the first two… Projection and Meditation. Over the 15+ years I’ve been practicing meditation, I read and learned much about what others were telling me that meditation was about, the same was true about projection. Everyone was filling my head with what I should be experiencing and feeling when doing these things. What did I actually learn? I learned that all the stuff I was learning that I THOUGHT was the truth, actually wasn’t. What it was doing was getting in the way of what *I* was experiencing. I was throwing away valid and valuable experiences because they didn’t match up to what others were telling me. This is a huge mistake…

So I came to a conclusion that in order for me to actually progress, I had to forget everything I thought I knew about Projection and Meditation. My cup had become so full with the notions, ideas and concepts of other people, that I had no room for my own notions, ideas and concepts to grow and flourish. I don’t know exactly when this action happened, but it did… and ever since that day, I have found my own path through the forest instead of relying upon the footsteps of those who have come before me. I’m now self sufficient in my opinions and beliefs, because they’re no longer beliefs to me… they’re now based solely upon my own direct experiences, and as we know, “direct experiences” are the trump cards with knowledge.

So please, if you’re looking to learn anything new, be it anything about this physical reality or non-physical reality, you’ll be doing yourself a huge favour by forgetting everything you think you know and begin to explore with the wonderment of a child. Everything is new.

Forget the labels you’ve learned… dreaming, lucid dreaming, astral projection, out of body experiences, etc… forget it all. They are the labels of others… they only serve to confuse. Just go out and experience and learn from those experiences.

It’s been pointed out to me that people are taking this too literal. What I suggest above shouldn’t be taken as such, it isn’t literal.
Nothing in relation to projection should ever be taken literally. I’m speaking about everything you’ve been told about what projection is supposed to be or is.

Your ideas.
Your concepts.
Your labels.
What you identify with Projection.

Ditch them as they’re useless to you.
Start from a position of “not knowing”.

http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2013/ ... -your-cup/

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Re: Learning Astral Projection & Meditation – Emptying Your

Post by Jettins \o/ » April 7th, 2013, 8:09 pm

Xanth wrote:My cup had become so full with the notions, ideas and concepts of other people, that I had no room for my own notions, ideas and concepts to grow and flourish. I don’t know exactly when this action happened, but it did… and ever since that day, I have found my own path through the forest instead of relying upon the footsteps of those who have come before me.
Beautifully said. I couldn't agree more. To find our own Truth! In my opinion this is the only valid way to find our genuine reality or path, function. This is how we may wake up from our "wake induce sleepwalking into physical reality trance" in a manner of speaking. This is true objectivity, a higher sustained perceptual awareness.

Great post!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Post by hydro1 » April 7th, 2013, 8:12 pm

I'm glad you've found your own way. but its differ for everyone. we have people like you whose minds get full and or over flow. but for people like me and many other our minds are vast and never get full. and then there are the people who suck in info and let it leave out the other ear never learning anything or keep what they learn. like people say its all about your perceptions. and i see my mind as vast never getting full. i can take in everything you've learned and keep going.
Go hard or not at all

Xanth
Initiate

Post by Xanth » April 10th, 2013, 9:30 pm

hydro1 wrote:I'm glad you've found your own way. but its differ for everyone. we have people like you whose minds get full and or over flow. but for people like me and many other our minds are vast and never get full. and then there are the people who suck in info and let it leave out the other ear never learning anything or keep what they learn. like people say its all about your perceptions. and i see my mind as vast never getting full. i can take in everything you've learned and keep going.
All I can tell you, hydro, is that everyone has to come to their own truths on their own time. :)

hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Post by hydro1 » April 10th, 2013, 11:38 pm

Yea i hear you on that i'm still searching for that. but i still rather keep what i've learned so far to help me out with finding myself. otherwise i wouldn't know where to turn for the help.
Go hard or not at all

Xanth
Initiate

Post by Xanth » April 13th, 2013, 3:31 pm

hydro1 wrote:Yea i hear you on that i'm still searching for that. but i still rather keep what i've learned so far to help me out with finding myself. otherwise i wouldn't know where to turn for the help.
Ah, I understand you better now.
Yeah I'm not saying delete those from your mind.
Just the associated concepts, ideas and labels.
All the things you've built up AROUND what you've learned so far... everything that is currently build up in your mind to support those. :)