Brain rantings & Mental chatter

The Opportunity for Spiritual Growth while still in physical life. Topics such as Spirituality and Metaphysics are welcomed.
fairyana
Initiate
count: 2

Brain rantings & Mental chatter

Post by fairyana » June 10th, 2013, 2:31 pm

I find I still have a lot of problem keeping out annoying mental chatter that don't even make sense. I believe controlling ones thoughts to be fundamental and part of what it means to grow spiritually, since I believe our spirit to be our consciousness. I imagine AP to be a higher level of thought control. And here I can't even control my thoughts in my awake state. :|

Mine usually consists of remembering annoying moments and replaying them in my mind. I have no idea why I keep doing that. It's like my brain is a broken record that keeps looping silly things that annoyed me ages ago. What to do in order to keep annoying mental chatter down along the day?

hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Re: Brain rantings & Mental chatter

Post by hydro1 » June 10th, 2013, 5:17 pm

well i've said it already meditation is key if you can do remote viewing you can sit and meditate listen to your breathing, heart beat something. focus on one thing to quiet the mind. or just sit quietly and push every thought away til your mind is quiet.
Go hard or not at all

fairyana
Initiate
count: 2

Post by fairyana » June 10th, 2013, 6:30 pm

I try the meditating. It's hard cause it comes all the time, but I try... Thanks Hydro. :-)

uMonk

Post by uMonk » June 11th, 2013, 12:53 pm

Focus on one thing, when your mind wanders, bring it back to that focus, this is the simple process of training the mind to be still.

And ofcourse it is hard, you wouldn't be making this thread if it was easy, lol, dw you are not alone.

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Post by Jettins \o/ » June 11th, 2013, 1:23 pm

Hey Umonk, good to see you in the forum.

I hope all is well.
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S