Lucid dreaming everyday achievement

Astralnaut
Initiate
count: 50

Lucid dreaming everyday achievement

Post by Astralnaut » February 28th, 2013, 12:41 pm

Hello all :)

Now when i am less busy with my studies i can spend more time practicing LDs and these are the things i am going to do to get LDs everyday:

step one: Programming mind

It is important to clear the mind from all kind of junk thoughts and i use visualization techniques to remove the source of these junk thoughts.
I imagine all kinds of things like: a power plant (a source of useless or negative thoughts) destroyed by a nuke, or simple geometrical figures (junk) going to black hole :) note i dont use meditation because i have schizophrenic mind and its hard to clear my mind from thoughts by just ignoring them :) clearing mind will help to succeed in direct techniques i gonna talk later in this post.

Later i will imagine that i have much higher chances in realizing (during the simple dream) that i am dreaming. This will help me to experience more spontaneous LDs.

step two: indirect techniques

After awaking from the dream i will not move and wont open my eyes this way if i will be lucky enough i will slip into sleep paralysis :)

step three: Direct techniques

Here is a simple method: when the mind is cleared from junk then i will be able to maintain awareness while feeling sleepy. I will imagine that i am having lucid dream experiences or something simple like a moving ball theeen i will start slowly sinking deeper into hypnagogic state where should be able to induce sleep paralysis or i might be lucky that what i imagine will turn into lucid dream.

note that Before doing this technique do not watch any vivid images on TV (cartoons) or on computer (video games). If you do then your mind will start generating all kind of images you saw in your waking life (your mind will recreate what you saw or it will create something that was related to that what you saw) and it will be difficult to not only maintain awareness, but to imagine something that will let you to draw your attention from your body and surrounding things.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So so far this is all what i am planning to do and i hope my suggestions will help you too :D

feel free to share with direct/indirect techniques and other things you know that can help me to achieve this :)

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Re: Lucid dreaming everyday achievement

Post by Jettins \o/ » February 28th, 2013, 6:06 pm

Astraulnaut wrote:when the mind is cleared from junk then i will be able to maintain awareness while feeling sleepy. I will imagine that i am having lucid dream experiences or something simple like a moving ball theeen i will start slowly sinking deeper into hypnagogic state
I think this works well, that is, if one can sustain the thought of having a lucid dream or an activity associate with a lucid dream or out-of-body experience. I use this same strategy when trying to return to a particular astral place or meet a certain individual. For it to work though, I will need a strong desire or motive that supersaturates my mind. This is where a strong will and intent comes in to aid. Having a genuine purpose that permeates through your being will make lucid states easier to attain. It usually involves creating your own personal flavor from a strategy that is known to work.
Astraulnaut wrote:note that Before doing this technique do not watch any vivid images on TV (cartoons) or on computer (video games). If you do then your mind will start generating all kind of images you saw in your waking life
I think this is a good observation. It's more likely to happen when the person falls into a TV trance. A state in which the objective questioning mind is subdued.

Let us know more about your strategy as you make more observations.

Take care!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » February 28th, 2013, 7:17 pm

Reply by Michael Beloved @ http://meditationtime.grou.ps/talks/7157895/
Mibeloved wrote:
Astralnaut wrote:Note that before doing this technique do not watch any vivid images on TV (cartoons) or on computer (video games). If you do then your mind will start generating all kind of images you saw in your waking life (your mind will recreate what you saw or it will create something that was related to that what you saw) and it will be difficult to not only maintain awareness, but to imagine something that will let you to draw your attention from your body and surrounding things.
========

Mibeloved:

There are many people who feel that they must have some media to assist in meditation. It could be a mantra. It could be pleasant music which shifts one from the ordinary mood into a sublime one. However even this can be a problem because the mind will record this and play it willy nilly when it desires, so that one might find that this becomes an inconvenience.

The nature of the mind is to record images and sounds and then play them back at random irrespective of the desire of the core-self. If one is honest about it one can admit that the mind does this repeatedly and that on occasion even a most desire sound, like a mantra, and even the most pleasant music, even very spiritual images and photos converts into a nuisance when they occur in the mind haphazardly, when they are not desired.

For the purpose of Patanjali yoga sounds and images which are created by a human being, or by a machine, are unnecessary.

How then, someone asked, can one meditate in such a boring environment as the empty soundless imageless mind?

The answer to this question is that one should use the naad sound which occurs spontaneously in the psyche. If one does not hear the naad sound, then one should use the blank space at the back of the subtle head for shelter. Over time, naad sound or the location of naad sound which is in the back of the head will serve as an enriching energy for the yogi

We should bear in mind that in the second sutra, Patanjali dismissed all sound and images generated by humans and their machines:

Yogah cittavritti nirodhah

The skill of yoga is demonstrated by the conscious non-operation of the vibrational modes of the mento-emotional energy.

When the core-self can remain in stillness, then it may come into perspective to see transcendental reality.
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » February 28th, 2013, 7:37 pm

Mibeloved wrote:When there is a blank space where the person is waiting for the lucid dream or OBE to begin, naad sound is the perfect place to be while you wait.

Astralnaut
Initiate

Post by Astralnaut » March 1st, 2013, 7:24 am

thank you for your reply jettins :) aah yes i forgot to add that when i will experience Lucid dreams i will try to use them for programing my mind so i have higher chances to experience more LDs. I did this yesterday when i had lucid dream i took a paper and repeatedly wrote on it that i will have lucid dreams everyday.

fairyana
Initiate
count: 2

Post by fairyana » March 3rd, 2013, 9:40 pm

I will definitely try this. I'm focussing more on achieving AP through LDs. When I get better with this I'll focus more on the WILD.

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » March 3rd, 2013, 11:01 pm

Yes. Best of luck Fairyana!

I will be so happy when you can have many lucid experiences.

Astralnaut
Initiate

Post by Astralnaut » March 4th, 2013, 6:45 am

ookay thanks to visualization methods my imagination got much more vivid and when i imagine something i can maintain an image for longer period of time. Huge leap forward just in 3 days. If visualization methods dont seem very powerful to you then i suggest to remove beliefs that are stopping you from achieving things quicker :)

Astralnaut
Initiate

Post by Astralnaut » March 6th, 2013, 3:05 pm

Now i do this visualization new technique: I imagine myself in a dream and a connection between my consciousness in a dream and in this reality we live while awake. This way i should feel more aware of fact that i am in the dream while i am dreaming :)
I had many semi lucid dreams where i use my super powers, but somehow i am still not fully aware that it is a dream so i will try to make this awareness stronger. Today i had semi lucid dream where i made few nukes to explode :D ... also in recent days i had quite many SP experiences.

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » March 6th, 2013, 3:34 pm

[quote='astralnaut"]I imagine myself in a dream and a connection between my consciousness in a dream and in this reality we live while awake.[/quote]
Interesting way of looking at it. It make sense to me.
astralnaut wrote:I had many semi lucid dreams where i use my super powers, but somehow i am still not fully aware that it is a dream so i will try to make this awareness stronger.
This will happen. I've noticed that if I focused on wanting to do things that cannot be done in physical reality, it will re-enforce my native lucid awareness. I think nukes can still be used in physical reality, so it's not a complete focus away from the physical system. What I mean to say is that if you create a spiritual reality, and if it's genuine, higher lucidity will come to you.

Take care!