Training of the 4 bodies

A Dairy of Out-of-body experiences by Waldo Viera
Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Training of the 4 bodies

Post by Jettins \o/ » April 26th, 2013, 3:45 pm

I have created a new forum for my comments of this book.

Book: Projection of the Consciousnesses by Waldo Veira
Introduction - Page 14 wrote:Ideally, the interested person will have his or her own experiences through training with the four bodies - the soma (physical body), holochakra, physchosoma (extraphysical body, emotional body, or astral body), and mentalsoma (intellectual body). For this, it is necessary to discipline the memory and, above all, to sharpen ones's mental concentration with a lot of willful determination , self analysis, and perseverance, by following techniques similar to those used here. After that, prepare yourself for deep renovation in all sectors of existence.
I simply wanted to point out that conscious out-of-body exploration require at least some effort. Higher awareness in the astral states doesn't appear to be granted for free regularly. A certain degree of nurturing is going to be required. This doesn't mean it's suppose to be hard, it only means that you need to be comfortable working with your own system. The system Waldo uses is an example. There are many approaches to conscious out-of-body exploration so pick one or two. Learn it and understand it to the point were you can modify it to your own body and sleep cycles. If you've done your homework, you will know exactly what I mean.

I think staying motivated requires a certain degree of nurturing all your experiences for the value they can bring to your life. It's just a matter of time.
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

fairyana
Initiate
count: 2

Re: Training of the 4 bodies

Post by fairyana » May 6th, 2013, 2:55 pm

Great idea, to create a forum for the book. I think I have to read it again 'cause it's been a while. Have you finished reading the book?

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » May 6th, 2013, 3:01 pm

I haven't yet. I am only on chapter 16 of 50.

I find that book extremely interesting. I find his stories very credible because of the way he writes therm.

He really experiences what he writes.

Thanks for the recommendation.

I will try to make a post on every chapter of the book.
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

fairyana
Initiate

Post by fairyana » May 6th, 2013, 3:07 pm

Great! That way I'll remember some of it. :-)

fairyana
Initiate

Post by fairyana » November 6th, 2013, 4:10 pm

Reading this again I feel as if I'm on the right track by doing the memory training suggested in the book "Exploring The World Of Lucid Dreaming", page 52. I'm not very good at it, but I hope I manage to improve!

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » November 6th, 2013, 5:14 pm

Memory training sounds interesting. I don't have the hardcover edition only the kindle version so the page numbering is different.

Can you briefly describe the memory training exercises from the book?

Also, have you read information on the energy movement technique that Waldo did back in the 70s when he wrote the book, or from the present?

Thanks.

fairyana
Initiate

Post by fairyana » November 7th, 2013, 5:42 pm

[...]Once I knew that I was trying to remember to do something (that is, become lucid) at a later
time (that is, when next I’m dreaming), I was able to devise a technique to help me accomplish that. How can we manage to remember to do something in a dream? Perhaps we should start with a simpler question: How do we remember to do things in ordinary life?

[...]Thinking of lucid dream induction as a problem of prospective memory, I developed a technique designed to increase my chances of remembering my intention to be lucid: the Mnemonic Induction of Lucid Dreams procedure, (MILD).

[...]So before attempting MILD, you need to prove to yourself that you can indeed remember to do things while awake. If you are like most people, you are used to relying on external reminders and therefore need practice in remembering intentions using only your own mental power.

EXERCISE: PROSPECTIVE MEMORY TRAINING

1. Read the day’s targets. This exercise is designed to be practiced over an entire week. Below is a set of four target events for each day of the week. When you get up in the morning, read only the targets for that day. (Do not read the targets before the proper day. ) Memorize the day’s targets.

2. Look for your targets during the day. Your goal is to notice the next occurrence of each event, at which time you will perform a state
test: “Am I dreaming?” So, if your target is, “The next time I hear a dog bark, “ when you hear this next, note it and do a state test. You are aiming to notice the target once—the next time it happens.

3. Keep track of how many target events you hit At the end of the day, write down how many of the four targets you succeeded in noticing (you
can make a space in your dream journal to record your progress with this exercise). If you realize during the day that you missed your first chance to notice one of your targets, then you have failed to hit that target, even though you may notice its occurrence later in the day. If you are certain that one or more of the targets did not occur at all during the day, say so with a note in your dream journal.

4. Continue the exercise for at least one week
Practice the exercise until you have tried all of the daily targets given below. If at the end of the week, you are still missing most of the targets, continue until you can hit most of them. Make up your own list of targets, keep track of your success rate, and observe how your memory
develops.

Daily Targets

SUNDAY:
The next time I see a pet or animal
The next time look at my face in a mirror
The next time turn on a light
The next time see a flower

MONDAY:
The next time write anything down
The next time feel pain
The next time I hear someone say my name
The next time I drink something

TUESDAY:
The next time I see a traffic light
The next time I hear music
The next time I throw something in the garbage
The next time I hear laughter

WEDNESDAY:
The next time I turn on a television or radio
The next time I see a vegetable
The next time I see a red car
The next time I handle money

THURSDAY:
The next time I read something other than this list
The next time I check the time
The next time I notice myself daydreaming
The next time I hear the telephone ringing

FRIDAY:
The next time I open a door
The next time I see a bird
The next time I use the toilet after noon
The next time I see the stars

SATURDAY:
The next time I put a key in a lock
The next time I see an advertisement
The next time I eat anything after breakfast
The next time I see a bicycle

hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Post by hydro1 » November 9th, 2013, 11:13 pm

this is all very fascinating stuff, but so much advanceness to take in. and to think i'm only astral projecting, it will be hard to reach those higher levels for me. I just hope I can keep up with doing this and not quit cause i'm not progressing the way I want. i'm barely making it out of body one a month.
Last edited by hydro1 on November 11th, 2013, 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go hard or not at all

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » November 11th, 2013, 12:15 am

Powerful exercises. I will make my own version based on this list. Thanks.