Almost OBE/AP

fairyana
Initiate
count: 2

Almost OBE/AP

Post by fairyana » January 13th, 2013, 4:42 am

I was dreaming about some sort of big, sorry monster and his shelter (a complexion of rocks that stood against a big snowy mountain) got destroyed. So it went out crying to a place around the snowy mountain. I followed it's snow tracks up to a big gate that led inside the mountain where a big mansion was. I just stood at this big door and realized Rumpelstiltskin lived there and had the big animal with him. I think Rumpelstiltskin heard my presence at the door and came out and I said "Rumpelstiltskin" to become invisible to him and flew upwards. Then as I was flying it came to me, this is a dream, I'm lucid, a Lucid dream. I had told myself that in the next lucid dream I would say to myself "I'm out of body", an AP technique I read, but it all came too fast. The though "this is an OBE" came just after "this is a lucid dream" and so I guess I was overwhelmed and I sensed my room and then I sensed me coming back to myself, my body and I woke with my body feeling a sort of tingle all over and accelerated heart rate.

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Re: Almost OBE/AP

Post by Jettins \o/ » January 13th, 2013, 11:18 am

I had many short experiences like that in the beginning. Even though short, It was nice. When you get used to them they have a tendency to become more stable.

Tell me more about the difference in saying "I am out of body" vs "I am lucid". Sounds like an interesting AP technique. It fits with my thinking that a "dream" can expand into a astral experience. The difference would be in perception, or psychic perception.

Have a great day!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Post by hydro1 » January 13th, 2013, 4:43 pm

Wow pretty awesome keep at it. i may try that one. also it seems you been watching too much once upon a time lol, seems everyones into that show i only watched the first epeisode and never picked it up again. i also had a obe in mine i had a pet dragon, and their kept been spiders and meal worms al over my cieling in my bedroom. a meal worm got on my astral feet and it started pulsating i actually felt it and it drained me and i woke up. also can you send/put up a link to this method.?
Go hard or not at all

fairyana
Initiate

Post by fairyana » January 14th, 2013, 3:06 pm

Hehehe. I think may be watching the extended, complete trilogy of Lord of the Rings and all the Makig Of may have contributed to a fairy tale overload of my subconscious. :D

I can't seem to find the link I mensioned, but theoretically it's very simple. Once you find yourself lucid, say to yourself out loud "increase lucidity now!" as many times as needed. Between each command look at your surroundings and analyze if it is still a dream world (you'll judge it to be one or not and I think pushing yourself to analyze your surroundings helps). Do this untill you find what they call super lucidity, which I suppose is just another term for astral projection.

The other way is, when you find yourself lucid, say out loud "I am outside my physical body, increase lucidity now!" But as I found out, one might get overly excited and lose control (I was flying away from the scene totally of out of control, as if the wind was pushing/pulling me away). I need to try this again but go a bit slower in the process and try to focus more on the surroundings and in myself.

Jettins, I think so too. Kurt and Waldo also think the same.

fairyana
Initiate

Post by fairyana » January 14th, 2013, 3:14 pm

I think the difference of saying "I am out of my body" relates more directly to the consciousness/body dichotomy and so perhaps the astral perception may increases with this notion. Whereas "I am in a lucid dream" relates directly to dream, inner consciousness, inner perception. In this sentence the idea that you are seperate from you body isn't established, you are in yourself, so to speak, and so the perception is in your own consciousness/dream/mind. Am I making sense?

fairyana
Initiate

Post by fairyana » January 14th, 2013, 3:22 pm

What I realize is that flying is my new gateway to lucid dreams. And it feels so awesome! Now that I think about it, when I was young, like around 8 years old, I had a whole, whole, whole lot of flying dreams.

floating_hawaiian
Initiate

Post by floating_hawaiian » January 14th, 2013, 6:16 pm

Man I haven't had a full dream in months but the flying ones are always the best. But I am familiar with the accelerated heart rate, as I've encountered that several times when I first started,. Some people say its your heart chakra opening, others say its your excitement tats influencing causing it. I think its a little of both.

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Post by Jettins \o/ » January 14th, 2013, 10:29 pm

Fairyana wrote:Once you find yourself lucid, say to yourself out loud "increase lucidity now!" as many times as needed. Between each command look at your surroundings and analyze if it is still a dream world (you'll judge it to be one or not and I think pushing yourself to analyze your surroundings helps). Do this untill you find what they call super lucidity, which I suppose is just another term for astral projection.
Fairyana,

That makes sense indeed. This is how dreams and lucid dreams can be used for. It shouldn't be about dream/obe/ap/npmr, but instead it should be about increasing the level of perception and awareness. It is the same thing as saying super lucidity. The surroundings will then change accordingly. You can go into an astral projection type of experience and or back into a mundane dream only by changing perception and awareness. I've been saying this in one way or another but I don't think people take it seriously. They want an astral projection experience to be something that requires a feeling of separation, to meet an intelligent astral being and what not. Some don't realize is that its YOU that has to change for change to be manifested, this is what increased awareness and perception can do. There is more to it but in principle this is it. Doesn't this also sound like "conscious control of our own psyche"? That's right. I am not saying this to you Fairyana, just sharing.

Levels of lucidity or perception and awareness create the divisions or separateness between dream and astral states. It's not the place that keeps you in or out of a given astral realm or dream, it's our psyche or psychology that does (our psyche in astral form is our subtle body). It's important to know this because it can create flexibility in the astral realms. Flexibility to me is associated with increased clarity. It’s not necessary to just be dragged along with whatever in the astral. Destinations and types of experiences can be consciously stimulated or created. Think about the potential and benefit of this.

Have a great day!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

essence24
Neophyte
count: 0

Post by essence24 » January 16th, 2013, 11:39 am

Well I have been trying to have a OBE and AP i've bben trying this going on a month now last night I think it almost happen. I think my fear got to me lol. Anyway I was laying down eyes closed and just focus on the darkness. I felt my body just relax extreamly to the point I felt like a corpse. All of a sudden I felt this vibration in my body and this loud sound in my head. I heard wind on the side of me that kind of alarm me. Then as I look with my eyes behind my closed lids I could see in the darkness a picture was trying to come through I could see the darkness turning in my head but i got nervous and open my eyes lol. When I woke I felt like I could not move my body at all and I had a hard time catching my breath. Can anybody tell me what I was experiencing was I near a OBE and about to AP.....???

essence24
Neophyte
count: 0

Post by essence24 » January 16th, 2013, 11:41 am

and also I think another problem I;m having is as im relaxing its hard for me to fall asleep I can be focus for a long time and will not get sleepy what can I do