Sleeping in an airplane

fairyana
Initiate
count: 2

Sleeping in an airplane

Post by fairyana » May 2nd, 2013, 6:22 pm

The hardest thing for me to do is sleeping in airplanes. On my flight from Brazil to the US the United Airline aircraft had little comfort. The seat didn't go back enough to make my head stay in place, so any attempt sleeping made my head fall forward even with the neck support. I had no foot rest too. So basically I had 9 hours of no sleep that night.

On my flight back to Brazil, however, was a different story. I had foot rest and the seat went back enough for me to feel comfortable. Add an insanely tiresome (but fun) 3 weeks of vacationing and for the first time I managed to sleep in an airplane (at least that I can remember).

So some interesting things happened to me when slept during the flight. When I usually sleep in a proper bed, inside a room, it's as if there is a moment where you can feel there was a before sleep, a blank or dream or AP experience, and then an after sleep. The interesting thing to me is that when I was in an airplane, I don't know what it was, but it felt like I was awake all the time but that there were lapses of time that disappeared without me noticing. I wonder what caused that to happen that way, if it was the constant noise of the airplane engine or the fact that it was a different kind of sleep. Then in another moment something totally different happened, I knew by body was tired beyond words and at one point I thought "I'm only consciousness. Leave this body resting and expand, go out..." So my awake thoughts became dreams and then thoughts again... all with my eyes closed. In one of these dreams I saw a hooded man with a blueish face smiling, the light on his face, but not scary, just somber but not to the point of being anything negative.

So it was a very interesting sleep experience. If anyone has any insight as to what happened, let me know.

On another note, I overcame my fear of flight by applying self hypnosis. What I did was believe and tell myself over and over again with conviction "I love flying. I can't wait to feel snug and safe in the airplane. I will feel safe in the airplane. The airplane will shake and this won't bother me, as it's very safe. I love flying..." So it actually worked. My flight to the US was very shaky and I handled it like a pro. :D

hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Re: Sleeping in an airplane

Post by hydro1 » May 2nd, 2013, 11:51 pm

You exped micro sleep where you missing moment of your day. its so quick yiu barely notice it i did a post on this once i think you posted to it. it came frrom you not getting sleep at all the first time around. i still think it has AP qualities. still haven't figure it out yet, cause so many other thing been popping up, but yea you exped micro sleep.
Go hard or not at all

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Post by Jettins \o/ » May 3rd, 2013, 7:18 pm

Hello,

I don't know what to make of the smiling hooded figure except that it could be a subconscious refection of having conquered your fear at that particular point.

I have difficulty recalling my dreams when sleeping in airplanes. But these are usually 2 to 3.5 hour flights so sleep is at at minimum.. I've tried to OBE during shorter flights without success. I think it's because I can't relax my body enough or maybe its the noise and the excitement.
Good idea to use hypnosis.
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Post by hydro1 » May 4th, 2013, 1:50 am

I've never been on a plane so I can't say too much about it.but I know I could sleep through anything so I probably would have been able to ever experience
Go hard or not at all