Making progress (My make-shift astral journal)

Echobreaker
Initiate
count: 17

Making progress (My make-shift astral journal)

Post by Echobreaker » October 11th, 2012, 4:38 pm

Hey, me again. After lurking around for a bit, I have had yet another spontaneous experience. Still not a full separation, which is making me start to think that something or someone is trying to stop me.

However, I have managed to attempt the famous 'rope technique' to very little success. I also managed to picture a black box floating around and tried to use that as an anchor (once again, no luck). The most notable things were that I saw my astral hands for once- they looked alot like I was a semi-transparent shadow. Also, somebody ended up telling me I was running out of energy, shortly before I woke up.

fairyana
Initiate
count: 2

Re: Making progress (My make-shift astral journal)

Post by fairyana » October 11th, 2012, 6:33 pm

Nice! It's good to test many techniques, that way we find the one that best suits us. It seems that after you get the hang of one techique, other techniques will become easier to learn.

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Post by Jettins \o/ » October 11th, 2012, 7:10 pm

Echobreaker wrote:The most notable things were that I saw my astral hands for once- they looked alot like I was a semi-transparent shadow.
Next time something like that happens use those astral hands to grab onto something in the astral side of things. Don't use a mental technique, use something that feels more physical. Connect with the parts of you astral body that you have control of. For example interact with your ghostly hands if you see them to propel the rest of your astral body out. Concentrate on the areas that aren't physical that you feel, use mental effort to transfer that awareness towards separating with those parts you feel. For example if you use your astral hands to crawl out of bed, imagine the motion is actually moving you out of bed. The stuck parts of your astral body will have a tendency to dislodge themselves if you have enough confidence in the motion.

This morning I was paralyzed during the onset of an out-of-body experience. I got unstuck by pushing my forehead down with my astral hands. Then I heard and felt a snap. It felt like the outside layer was pealing off, like how a snake looses their old skin. This layer looked like a a thin layer of burned charcoal. Never felt such a thing before during the onset of an out-of-body experience, but it does show how adapting is key. Another thing to remember is remain calm when all of this is happening, I know at the beginning it's not always easy to do.

To calm myself as I try to separate by letting go of my body on every exhale, as if relaxing in physical reality. This seems to help to prolong the experience allowing me to have enough time to at least get a full separation before waking up. Waking up after only a few seconds could also be caused by other factors. For now you should focus on attaining full separation and interacting with you astral body.

Have a great day!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » October 11th, 2012, 7:15 pm

Echobreaker wrote:which is making me start to think that something or someone is trying to stop me.
For now just log the times in your journal that something appears to be trying to stop you. As you go you will notice a correlation with your state of mind and the times you feel someone is trying to stop you. This has happened to me many times, recently I figured it out.

I will link the post where I talk about forces holding me down and why they do it. Below is part of the post and the link to read the complete post.

----------------------

...... Come to think of it, there was a being that prevented me from existing my room at first, it was only until I smiled to it that it allowed me to pass. No words I said allowed me to pass. I’ve encountered such force from preventing me to explore at least 50 times. Every time I have to say to it something different, not knowing what I will need to say or do to be allowed... Continue here--> astral-projection-experience/visiting-a ... html#p1886
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

hydro1
Initiate
count: 40

Post by hydro1 » October 11th, 2012, 8:14 pm

I agree with everything jettin said...but trust me unless you pissed off a witch or something nothing can stop you from getting out but yourself and your fearful thoughts.... i was like that at a point til i came here...i still have problems getting out but its because of me making up excuses to myself...and trust me its hard to even fight those thoughts and make happy one that'll help without me doubting myself...i'm having those problems now and i don't know what to do but i keep trying and i make progress but not the progress i want my projections are always short lived i been at this for at least 5 years now...so good luck and keep trying keep us posted and we'll help as much as we can :D
Go hard or not at all

Echobreaker
Initiate

Post by Echobreaker » October 11th, 2012, 10:02 pm

I have another question- somebody was telling me I was running out of energy shortly before I woke up- what does that mean?

fairyana
Initiate
count: 2

Post by fairyana » October 11th, 2012, 10:05 pm

We don't run out of energy. The body is actually getting all the rest it needs while the consciousness runs out exploring. Consciousness, on the other hand, doesn't need physical rest, so no energy is lost to restore. I think that was a way your consciousness found to tell you that it was time to wake up. Probably a metaphor. The astral world is full of metaphor to help you make sense of things. Even the people you meet might be metaphors of other people you know.

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » October 11th, 2012, 10:10 pm

I think Fairyana would be able to answer that question very well Echobreaker, lets wait to see what she says.

Hydro1, it's time for a renewal. A fresh start.

Have a great day!

Echobreaker
Initiate

Post by Echobreaker » October 11th, 2012, 10:43 pm

fairyana wrote:We don't run out of energy. The body is actually getting all the rest it needs while the consciousness runs out exploring. Consciousness, on the other hand, doesn't need physical rest, so no energy is lost to restore. I think that was a way your consciousness found to tell you that it was time to wake up. Probably a metaphor. The astral world is full of metaphor to help you make sense of things. Even the people you meet might be metaphors of other people you know.

The part of having to wake up makes sense to me, but the voice being my consciousness is unlikely. It didn't sound like me at all (and I've heard my own voice very recently while making videos).

Although, the whole 'world of metaphor' makes sense, and I admit, metaphors have a habit of eluding me.

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » October 11th, 2012, 11:30 pm

It's interesting how I said "fairyana would be able to answer that" 5 minutes after fairyana wrote about it. The thing is that I hadn't realized Fairyana had replied to it. She hadn't done so before I loaded the page.
fairyana wrote:The astral world is full of metaphor to help you make sense of things. Even the people you meet might be metaphors of other people you know.
I think this is exactly right.