Speed Counting Technique

See what other members are doing. Share and ask questions about methods for Meditation, Trance Induction & Phase Shift Methods in preparation to achieve conscious Projection and Out-of-body Experiences.
OmkAR
Adept
count: 882

Speed Counting Technique

Post by OmkAR » October 26th, 2011, 1:52 pm

Been working on a new trance induction technique, or rather a refinement of a classic old one .. Counting yourself in . ..

I call it SPEED COUNTING and I've been using it in the mornings to do DEILD's and WILD's . .

What I'll do is count really fast in my minds eye, the faster the better, so you get a high refresh rate. You'll see the numbers flickering/changing continuously in your mind's eye. I find it helps me dip/zoom into trance very quickly.

I'll also imagine swaying or contracting/expanding my dream/astral body while doing this. I find that I'll sometimes black out (lose consciousness) , and then all of a sudden feel myself actually swaying or moving. Next thing I know I'll roll out of my body and fall down onto my floor next to my bed in the dream/etheric/astral copy of my room. From there I'll sometimes find that I'm blind so I'll either try holding my hands up in front of my face to get vision going, or I'll jump through the nearest wall. The best thing for me to do is make a run for the nearest wall of my house and jump through. Once I jump through the wall my vision resets and I'll be able to see clearly.

Here are some animated pictures I found that give you the idea of what should you see in your minds eye as you speed count.. .

Image Image

Alternatively you can use a series of images:

The key is speed so you get the continuous refresh and focus going on in your minds eye.

Using this to repeatedly re-enter trance every 2-3 minutes then breaking out of trance, would be hypnotic fractionation. You get deeper in trance every time. I have made it to 10 micro-trance re-entries the other day, and it only took about 10-15 minutes. It was a good workout/session and I have been doing it every morning now with lots of micro-trance re-entries.

This technique is best done after sleeping 4-6 hours already, in the morning. Either as a DEILD (Dream Exit Induced Lucid Dream) or a WILD. After being up for a few minutes. It works best if you DON'T MOVE upon waking and immediately start speed counting, you should re-enter your dream and/or have an LD / OBE / AP within 40-60 seconds.

Let me know if you guys get this to work for you.

OmkAR

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Re: Speed Counting Technique - Important

Post by Jettins \o/ » October 26th, 2011, 2:06 pm

This is the type of technique that everyone should know. If done at the right moment it can allow you to enter trance states consciously aware. The key is the following:

When you wake up in those micro wake-ups or momentary wake-ups that happen in the middle of the night or in the morning DO NOT MOVE YOUR BODY, STAY STILL and do the technique mentioned. Sometimes you will feel very awake, yet the technique will still work. Keep this in mind.

This is not easily done, it might take longer to get used to not moving the body upon waking up, than to actually have the technique working for you after you learn to stay still. This technique worked for me 3 times in January when I first heard about it, I've used it countless of times since then. It helped keep my mind very focus and aware for those mini wake-ups that happen in between sleep. I like it because its another tech I can do, in addition to my own to increase chances of lucidity.

One of the most unbelievable OBEs I've had was with the help with this counting method during a mid afternoon nap... This is the one..

jettins-journal/topic37.html
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Re: Speed Counting Technique

Post by Jettins \o/ » October 29th, 2011, 4:40 pm

It might not be easy to "Visualize" these images, instead to try "Imagine" them, to use then as a triggering mechanism for your awareness.

As you immerse yourself in the dream state the imagined thought of the moving images and the counting will produce an actual visible image of the counter in your field of view, in return it will become easier to detect your state thus producing the desired effect.

Update..

There are certain things that can be done to increase the chances of it working for you. The key, as I have found out is to create the conditions in your physical body and mind that will allow you to fall back to sleep with in a minute. This could be different among people, for me personally, is to have had a good quality nights rest and be mentally free from stress, concerns and after 3-7 hours of continuous sleep. The absolute best time to try it is when waking up from a non-lucid dream, but it also could be tried at any time during the sleep cycle. Your physical body will be in a meditative state and will naturally want to go back to the astral realms. This strategy can easily be modified with your own visualization and concentration approach.

You might find yourself re-entering the dream you woke up from or feeling the onset of an out of body experience without having lost consciousness.Keep this in mind as another way to become lucid. Be vigilant about any subtle sensations felt as you immerse yourself. Learn to make it the trigger for your conscious awareness that you’re in the correct state.

Good Luck!
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

avalinah
Initiate
count: 47

Speed Counting Technique

Post by avalinah » November 30th, 2011, 3:40 am

i tried this tonight, but i think i was out of REM. twice tonight, rather early in the night, i gained consciousness in a black void and tried counting. indeed i started counting (i don't remember numbers, just the pictures, but i think it's not the sequence that's important, but the flow). and indeed it worked in instants, i fond myself sinking, but.. i reached some kind of bottom and couldn't go further :( must've been out of REM. it really does work though, it seems. i'll try it next time when i get the chance.

crimson
Initiate
count: 1

Re: Speed Counting Technique

Post by crimson » December 14th, 2012, 4:43 am

Instead of counting you can also try repeating fast your name ^^