Astral Projection Induction method by Oliver Fox

See what other members are doing. Share and ask questions about methods for Meditation, Trance Induction & Phase Shift Methods in preparation to achieve conscious Projection and Out-of-body Experiences.
Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Astral Projection Induction method by Oliver Fox

Post by Jettins \o/ » June 25th, 2012, 6:38 pm

I would like to include Oliver Fox's take on how he induces Out-of-body Experiences. What I found that is particular interesting is that parts of his book where written back in the 1940s when he had little resources available on the topic. The parts that I have found to be highly reliable I have made bold and Red.

Astral Projection – A record of Out-of-the-Body Experiences by Oliver Fox
Excerpts from Pages 126 and 127
Let us now consider the way of self-induced trance, where our starting point is not from a dream to from waking life. I am afraid this is the only way for people who can make no progress in remembering your dreams. Briefly stated, the problem before the experimenter is this: to send the body to sleep while the mind is kept awake. Favorable times to experimenter are after substantial repast or when we wake in the morning feeling very loath to rise; for the body is the natural disposed to enter the trance state. Speaking for myself it does not matter whether I lie on my back or my side; in some of my best results have been obtained in the latter position, despite the fact that one projectionist has stated that separation can be effective only when lying on one's back.

Having chosen this position, the student should concentrate upon an imaginary trapdoor within his brain. His breathing should be deep in rhythmical, his eyes closed, but rolled up towards and slightly squinting. Presently he will feel numbness, starting at his feet and traveling up his legs until eventually expressed all over the body. This numbness deepest into the sensation of muscular rigidity, which may become quite painful, especially in the muscles of the jaw, and there's a feeling of great pressure in the head. At this stage he will have the effect of being able to see through his closed eyelids, and the room that appeared to be illuminated by a pale golden radiance. There may also be flashes of light, apparitions, and (almost certainly) terrifying noises. He may also have the illusion that someone is trying to waking or dissuade him from making the adventure. He should tell himself that such operations are subject to his will and powerless to harm him; and he should disregard any interrupting influences – even if it seems to proceed from his wife! – Friday think it's practically a certainty that if any person where really there and trying to wake him, the trance will be broken once.

In now the student will be experiencing the very peculiar sensation of having two bodies the painful physical one and, imprisoned within, a fluidic body. He's ready for his next step, which is, by supreme effort of the will, to force the subtle body through the imaginary trapdoor in his brain. It would seem to him that his incorporeal self, which was coincident with his physical prison, now rushes up his body and becomes condensed in that pineal point within his brain and batters against the door, while the pale golden light increases to a blaze of glory and a veritable inferno of strange sounds assails his ears. If you attend should fail, the sensations of reversed. The incorporeal self-subsides and becomes again coincident with the physical body, while the light dies down and the sound diminishing violence.
Interesting take, I think that as time progresses some of the sensations felt during the immersion process will become more subtle. I have started reading 2 book on June 22 as instructed. This particular book that I hadn't finished has a similar look to it to the one that I saw during the experience.
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Jettins \o/
Adept

Re: Astral Projection Induction method by Oliver Fox

Post by Jettins \o/ » June 26th, 2012, 7:36 pm

http://meditationtime.grou.ps/talks/7074318
Jettins:

Thanks for this post.

I ordered the book yesterday, and even tried last night to follow some of the things that you quoted from Fox.

This statement is great: to send the body to sleep while the mind is kept awake. But better said that done.

What is your take on the imaginary trapdoor in the brain?

I noticed you also highlighted this: his eyes closed, but rolled up towards and slightly squinting.
Is this one of the techniques you use?

What other book is available out there that you can recommend?
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Jettins \o/
Adept

Re: Astral Projection Induction method by Oliver Fox

Post by Jettins \o/ » June 26th, 2012, 7:43 pm

I see the trapdoor a visualization approach. I use more sensing or noticing approaches to become aware during trance states, so I can't speak to much regarding visualization. I will only use visualization when my mind is having extra difficulty taming my internal chatter. I will use visualization to bring that little extra level of awareness, usually only during the beginning of the relaxation procedure at the start of an Astral Projection attempt. I will visualize and imagine relaxing the parts of my body.

Yes, what I highlighted in read is an uncanny similarity on how I sometimes induce the detection of trance states. I read that part after I figured that I also did nearly the exact same things with the eyes. I only got to that page in the book until a few days ago.

Yeah, I could recommend reading all of the books on the topic, but the first few ones would depend on the person. If your looking for motivation you might want to read the works of William Buhlman or Robert Monroe. If you already have the motivation and it seems to me you do, you might want read a hardcore book on learning technique such as this one:

http://obe4u.com/files/SOBT.pdf

The free e-book is great at explaining direct and indirect techniques to have out of body experiences, but highly myopic in other things. This other forums and books would be a needed balance to this book.

Have a great day!