Jettins WBTR with OBE Style Exit

See what other members are doing. Share and ask questions about methods for Meditation, Trance Induction & Phase Shift Methods in preparation to achieve conscious Projection and Out-of-body Experiences.
Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Post by Jettins \o/ » October 14th, 2011, 10:48 pm

Most people either falling to sleep too quickly, or are not able to fall to sleep consciously. Either of these situations will give you inconsistent results when attempting to have Out of Body Experiences and Lucid Dreams. The key to doing a proper Wake-Back-To-Recliner as with most other techniques (WBTB-WILD), is to find the proper balance of conscious awareness and physical drowsiness while allowing sleep to occur. From my experience, I have realized that this balance is best achieved using deep relaxation at exactly the right time and place. The following condensed version of the technique will allow the reader to customize the timing according to his or hers needs. Once learned and practiced it can be used to induce Out of Body Experiences with a very high degree of consistency.

Requirements
4 hours minimum of uninterrupted sleep
Must move from bed to another comfortable location
No physical activity that raises your heart rate
Deep physical relaxation is the most important factor for your success

#1 Get up from bed after about 5-6 hours of sleep, you should feel rested. You may use an alarm clock if you like but it’s not required.

#3 Return to sleep to a different location after _____minutes, preferably a comfortable couch, chair or recliner
The fact that you have moved to a different location will most likely result in taking slightly longer to continue sleep because your body is not used to sleeping in a semi-upright or sitting position (this adds a slight level of discomfort that you might need to stay mentally focused), it will also helps raise your level of natural awareness, while hopefully keeping your body tired enough for sleep. The key to being successful is finding the minimum amount of minutes required between waking up from bed and returning to sleep, so that u fall to sleep in the new location in approximately 10-35min.

Your back should be inclined and your head and neck well supported, preferably between 10 and 40 degrees.

The following chart can help you determine the amount of minutes you should wait:

1 min - Try this first. If you have difficulty sleeping in other places other than your bed, or in semi upright positions. 1 min will give you just enough time to go to the restroom and return.

2 min - If you fell to sleep too quickly and where not able to focus on step #4, the relaxation procedure because your mind was very tired and you did not feel awake enough for concentration. 2 min will give you just enough time to splash some water in your eyes and face before returning to sleep.

3 min - Same as above (2 min), you may use an extra minute to read your affirmations to increase wakefulness, - OR - If you do not have trouble falling asleep in semi-upright positions or the place of your choice, and would like a few extra minutes to focus your awareness and to allow more time to consciously relax all parts of your body.

4 min - Same as above (3min), you use an extra minute to read your affirmations and increase wakefulness.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

#4 Close your eyes and use your awareness to relax all parts of your body. As you exhale, affirm each body part to let go and relax while maintaining your awareness. Start with your feet, then legs, back, arm, hands and last your entire body. Spend a minimum of 10 minutes until your body feels evenly lightweight and you feel a sense of absolute comfort against your support. After approximately 10 min, focus your awareness lightly on your eye sockets while imagining yourself falling downward on every exhale - it will help you focus on your body awareness properly.

As you focus your awareness lightly on your eye sockets, do not tense your eyes or focus on the blackness behind the eye lids, you will notice an increase in eye movement. Imagine the motion you feel when falling from a roller coaster or elevator on every exhale, do not visualize the roller coaster or the elevator, instead simply imagine the falling motion. Do not count or time your exhales, breath normally.

#5 Entering a deep trance state. If you physical body falls to sleep while your conscious remains awake you will feel a sinking sensation, expanding sensation, vibrations or falling motion; this depends on the level of trance, and the experience of your energy body. Do not panic or even think about the sensations felt instead let them take their course and RELAX. You might feel a sense of deepening in your vision. After a few weeks of practice, and successfully falling asleep consciously you might noticed more subtle sensations.

#6 Wait until the sensation(s) has ceased. You are now ready to exit your body, attempt to stand up or roll out. Be firm and commanding. Keep in mind that as you perform the exit movement your vision will materialize. If you feel stuck to physical parts of your body, try lifting your head first so that you can see and admire the details in your room. If this is one of your first times experiencing OBEs, stay close to your physical body, look at the details in your room, put your hand through the wall and smile you did it!

If you are not successful initially, don't worry its normal if your body is not used to falling into trance consciously. Remember it is a natural ability that we all have, but sometimes requires more nurturing and practice time like many things. The following are recommendations you can consider to improve your chances of successfully entering the trance state and successfully project. Keep in mind that your body should feel well rested and adjust the recommended 5-6 hours accordingly:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Things that could happen when not successful...

I fell to sleep too fast, I was forcing myself to stay conscious or awake, I could not concentrate or didn’t dream - If you are falling to sleeping without results, your body likely needs more rest, try 6 or 7 hours before moving to the new location. You can also change your sleeping position to be even more upright, (or change sleeping location yet again) so that you can have an extra level of discomfort to stay awake long enough for deep physical relaxation to take place.

I could not sleep, I found myself endlessly consciously relaxing without falling into sleep - If you cannot fall to sleep in the intended amount (10-35min), or cannot fall to sleep at all, you may reduce the sleeping time to no less than 4 hours, but only after you have adjusted your body to a more comfortable position (extra pillows, other couch or recliner for example) and failed on previews attempts. More will be written about preparing to having an Out of Body Experience.

I didn’t become Lucid but had a vivid Normal Dream - You need to focus on step#4, and improve your deep relaxation abilities.
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

uMonk

Re: Jettins WBTR with OBE Style Exit

Post by uMonk » October 17th, 2011, 6:34 am

Nice technique :D i feel my "physical" body slipping just reading this.

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » October 17th, 2011, 3:38 pm

Let me know if anyone has questions about it. When you get used to it technique, it becomes like magic.

Jettins :)
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Ssurge

Post by Ssurge » October 17th, 2011, 5:02 pm

Jettins wrote:Let me know if anyone has questions about it. When you get used to it technique, it becomes like magic.

Jettins :)
You are so right. When I got used to it like last year, I had no doubt I'd OOBE. It would have been something magical if I hadn't oobed! This method is indeed very powerful. :D

tomcat941
Initiate

Post by tomcat941 » October 21st, 2011, 6:13 pm

Sounds interesting, i deffiantly want to try this, but don't know if i should do it tonight, as this is the last proper night's sleep i have as i'm acting the whole week pretty much, and i don't have an alarm clock and i can't wake up naturally. I might do it sunday night though, as the rehersal is later in the day (i'm rambiling arn't i?)
Anyway, i do have a question. The falling sensation you explained-i get that every now and again when i'm falling asleep, and it either feels like my bed broke and i fell through it, all that i just slipped, or that i fell over and slammed into the ground. It's not a pleasant feeling and it tends to wake me up more. How should i get over this? I could probably force myself through it, but it might automatically wake me up, unless thats the idea-to wake the mind up.
And after this sensation, do you get the vibrations then, and do you have to wait until the vibrations past, because on AV, it said to leave you body while in the VS

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » October 21st, 2011, 7:35 pm

tomcat941 wrote:The falling sensation you explained-i get that every now and again when i'm falling asleep, and it either feels like my bed broke and i fell through it, all that i just slipped, or that i fell over and slammed into the ground. It's not a pleasant feeling and it tends to wake me up more. How should i get over this?
The way I got over this is because i love falling sensations, I like roller coasters and have been skydiving several times. I live in Orlando, Fl, there is this Ride in "Hollywood Studios" called "Tower of Terror", its an elevator that drops you, and you can feel the falling sensation. I've been on it so many times that I can imagine the sensation by just closing my eyes. My point is that if you learn to love it in one way or another, not only you will not be afraid of it, but you will also encourage it. There are other exit strategies you can use, for example the common rope technique if you find that more easy to imagine doing.

The reason why I prefer this method is because I am attempting to trigger a type of immersion into a deep trance that is not only detectable (since I am trying to consciously induce it, I am more like to detect it when it happens), but it also encourages separation from the body. So basically my tech stimulates conscious immersion and body separation in one. In effect staying "stuck in paralysis" will be less likely to happen.

Keep in mind that this process may or may not create actual separation, you might feel falling therefor believe you are separating, yet u might still need to have an actual exit method in mind, for example the "rolling technique", "swaying back and forth", "standing up tech", to actually leave your physical body, or the visual perception of it.
tomcat941 wrote:And after this sensation, do you get the vibrations then, and do you have to wait until the vibrations past, because on AV, it said to leave you body while in the VS
You may or may not feel vibrations, prepare yourself to be calm if they do happen. Remember that the more awareness You actually have during these attempts, gained through purpose and practice, the more likely you will react (intentionally and/or spontaneously) in a way that will encourage conscious separations.

You can exit while the vibrations. I prefer to deepen the trance a few seconds until I sense a change.

tomcat941
Initiate

Post by tomcat941 » November 23rd, 2011, 5:06 pm

I tried last night, and woke up at 4:30 (i went to bed at 10, but i have insomnia and trouble getting to sleep) and when i woke up i didn't feel tired, so i didn't think it would work. So i didn't try. i don't feel tired now. I don't know. Do you have to feel sleepy for it too work?

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » November 23rd, 2011, 5:53 pm

Yes, you should feel that you want to sleep more. 4-6 hours will usually do this. If you had trouble sleeping you might want to try it again when you feel well rested, this will help you fall asleep again. If you feel a bit nervousness, restless, some stress, and or sleep lag it will not work. You should wake up in a meditative state, well rested, relaxed and feeling as if the bed looks delicious.

Have a great day!

tomcat941
Initiate

Post by tomcat941 » November 24th, 2011, 5:45 pm

Thanks, i tried again this morning, but it didn't work, so i'm going to sleep less as i just couldn't get too sleep, and after 35 minutes i returned to bed. Though i did have a vivid dream, but i can't really remember much of it (which is odd for me)
Btw, what do you count as sleep in t his case? Is it when you close your eyes, or when you are no longer aware of your surroundings? I struggle to set my alarm clock as it takes me a while to lose consciousness Also, what do you think about using sleeping pills? They haven't seemed to make my sleep though so i don't think they're any use.

Ichigo
Neophyte
count: 0

Post by Ichigo » April 5th, 2016, 12:09 am

Hey jettins!

I have a few questions....

1. Everytime I reach vibrations or I feel sensations of floating above, or ringing gets stronger or flashes, immediately my eyes are always forced open and I lose concentration and my attention is on the physical again.

Even when I close them again, the same happens after a while again. I am in a pitch dark room, so the vision doesn't bother me, but still just feeling that they open up is enough to kill everything, and letting them open while continue to attempt ap , just dried my eyes and unbearable not to blink.

Almost every attempt to AP this happens to me and doesn't let me go any further... I am very relax when trying to ap and I already tried doing eye exercises to relieve tension at the eyes but it doesn't do anything.

Got any advice what to do?

2. I see this exercise of yours by relaxing each part of the body puts awareness on the physical body... While I keep hearing that putting awareness on the body kills one attempt to AP, and should be avoided at all cost...

But I see that you encourage it... Would you say it doesn't matter if I put awareness on my body, and random parts such as legs , head, hands in order to ap?

3. No matter how tired I am at the end of the day before a nigh sleep, Its impossible for me to fall asleep while laying on my back... In that case, do you think it's possible for me to AP at the end of the day without any sleep before that?

Many times I tried at the end of the day, while I feel strange sensations and sometimes vibrations, again it's the eyes that are forced to open (byond my control) that keeps me stuck i n order to get deeper....