Difference between AP and OBE

fairyana
Initiate
count: 2

Difference between AP and OBE

Post by fairyana » February 3rd, 2013, 11:08 am

Technically, what would be the difference between AP and OBE? I believe they are the same thing. Would and OBE have an even higher lucidity than AP? Would it be the same? Does only the process in reaching the state differ from one to other? Meaning, AP would be through exercise and OBE would be totally by surprise?

Astralnaut
Initiate
count: 50

Re: Difference between AP and OBE

Post by Astralnaut » February 3rd, 2013, 12:02 pm

As i remember AP is considered to be experience in non physical world and OOBE is an experience in our real world in a form of spirit, astral body or whatever you call it. difference between LD and AP i think is that AP feels more intense. During AP all 5 senses are more clear and feels more real like during OOBE. In LDs your sight is strongest of all senses and you can barely feel temperature changes, wind or smell and other feelings.

This is how i understand these things :D

Jettins \o/
Adept
count: 608

Post by Jettins \o/ » February 3rd, 2013, 2:00 pm

I few days ago I read something about the difference between Out-of-body experiences and lucid dreams. I will quote it here:
Coast_to_coast wrote:Sousa shared some of her OBEs, including a trip to another planet, and described differences between OBEs and the dream state. Dreams are connected to the physical brain and typically lack a beginning and an end, while OBEs offer more control, clarity, and understanding, she said.
It's a simple definition, but I think it works.

I wrote about this topic some time ago. I will find it and then I'll try answer the questions.
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Astralnaut
Initiate
count: 50

Post by Astralnaut » February 3rd, 2013, 2:29 pm

LDs to me is like very vivid and stable imagination experience

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » February 4th, 2013, 11:56 pm

Fairyana wrote:Does only the process in reaching the state differ from one to other? Meaning, AP would be through exercise and OBE would be totally by surprise?
I think this is one of those things that have flexibility. I use it interchangeably except when trying to describe a particular process. For example: The trance states are the onset of an OBE experience. I like to refer to it as Out-of-body experience because it also implies a separation process in the word. After the separation process we go into the astral realms, therefore it becomes an astral projection experience which is also an extended out-of-body experience. If I am describing an astral realm, I might refer to it as an astral projection experience even though technically it’s still an out-of-body experience. If I am talking to a person that knows little to nothing about the subject I will refer to it as an out-of-body experience to remove a possible fear, occult or negatively perceived associations.

Some sources go into great detail trying to differentiate OBE and AP experiences. It looks neat on paper, but it’s a bit silly as an extended explanation. If anything, it is level of lucidity/awareness and perception that should be used to describe any difference in my opinion. But even this, it would be better understood if it where used to describe the difference between OBE/AP and lucid dream experiences.

I think people should take their time to describe the actual experience itself, instead of reducing it to a label. It reminds me when people try to describe densities, 4th, 5th 6th etc, as in some of the new age literature. To me it's meaningless without a detail experience attached to it. So using AP or OBE is just fine in my view, as long as the author explains or defines what he means by it at some point.
Image Would you like to contact me via live chat? You can via Skype. Contact me ahead of time so we can arrange. Skype username: J.E.T.T.I.N.S

Jettins \o/
Adept

Post by Jettins \o/ » February 5th, 2013, 3:43 pm

Michael Beloved wrote:Technically, what would be the difference between AP (Astral Projection) and OBE (Out-of-body experience)?

========

MiBeloved:

In general these processes do not have the same meaning. Astral projection is used broadly for experiences which are desired as self-proof for the existence of an astral body. OBE is used for experiences which occur without any desirability, or endeavor on the part of the experiencer.

An astral projection experience is an out of the body experience and visa versa.

Out of the Body Experience is used mostly by Christians who have a supernatural experience which was clear and pronounced in which the person became aware of existing in a subtle form irrespective of the physical body.

The terms astral projection are used mostly by mystic and yogis. These persons are constantly delving into the supernatural, and already have the confidence of not being a material body. They identify their dream and subtle world experiences as a type of reality.

In an astral projection the astral body is displaced out of the physical body, while in a lucid dream the astral body remains in sync with the physical system, so that the experiencer perceives both bodies distinctly and can feel their difference while knowing that certain actions are physical and certain other actions are purely psychic or supernatural.

One should bear in mind is that what we term as astral projection is really an objectively-conscious astral projection. This is because there can be an astral projection which has no facility for objective observation, in which it is like there was no astral activity.

A similar thing happens in cases of sleep walking, where as far as the dreamer is concerned there was no activity, while in fact there was. If you sleep walk, then on the next day, you will make no admission for it. Similarly there are many astral projections which are not observed objectively.

Here are some of my books which elaborate on this

========

https://sites.google.com/site/michaelbe ... projection

https://sites.google.com/site/michaelbe ... -paralysis

https://sites.google.com/site/michaelbe ... -pictorial
----------------------

Reply by Jettins

I think the meaning can be used interchangeably. In both the person needs to have conscious awareness of their state. The motive doesn't matter to me. If you go there because you wanted to prove the astral body, or because it was spontaneous you are still going to the same place, the non-physical. It might not have the same meaning to others, until you have a second look and realize it always did. It's just semantics, call it what you like.

fairyana
Initiate
count: 2

Post by fairyana » February 6th, 2013, 9:04 am

Thanks Jettins!