Need feedback

This is for discussion of general Astral Projection & Out-of-body Experiences related topics.
fgoad88
Initiate
count: 0

Need feedback

Post by fgoad88 » January 30th, 2018, 12:31 pm

What do you think would happen if a person was going out of body and being scaned by a MRI or EEG?

fgoad88
Initiate
count: 0

Re: Need feedback

Post by fgoad88 » February 13th, 2018, 1:08 pm

Why no reply?

MoxieMerle
Initiate
count: 6

Post by MoxieMerle » February 14th, 2018, 10:04 pm

I didn't even see this until now!
I think there have been tests done on this, with little or no results. That, or they were inconsistent.
I'd imagine reputable scientists would have a hard time testing this, because usually people who believe in astral projection/claimed astral projection, also believe in souls, which scientifically cannot/have not been proven. How do you test something that you can't even confirm exists? You can't. You have to confirm a soul exists before testing something like astral projection.
Scientists already have a hard time testing lucid dreaming, finding little to no results when people claim to have lucid dreamed. I can't imagine them being able to test astral projection accurately, or at all, any time soon.

MoxieMerle
Initiate
count: 6

Post by MoxieMerle » February 14th, 2018, 10:11 pm

Although this is four years old, I did find this on IFLScience, which is a pretty reputable scientific blog. http://www.iflscience.com/brain/brain-s ... xperience/

However, they did state that it wasn't an astral trip, but a 'hallucination triggered by a neurological mechanism'. In which case, maybe you don't need a soul to astral project (because they did say her claims were consistent with the MRI results), but also like they said, more tests would have to be done for consistent results.