Subjective realities (opinion/theory)

Topics unrelated to Astral Projection, Out-of-Body Experiences. Come in and get comfortable!
Joe
Initiate
count: 40

Subjective realities (opinion/theory)

Post by Joe » August 12th, 2018, 2:19 am

I wonder...

People focus on many different things, stuck in their own realities. Mine consists of beautiful, intoxicatingly groovy music, deeper thoughts, etc etc, however some other people aren't interested in these things. Which is a beautiful thing, everyone is living their OWN reality. Strap in because this isn't a well articulated thought...

I have my own pursuits of happiness that I listed above and my own belief systems, same with other people, correct? My instinct is that people live their own experiences independent of "fact" or "objectively real". For instance, if I step off a bus, and get hit by a car that flew onto the sidewalk, however I narrowly survive, some may call it a near death experience, some may call it luck, a miracle, a coincidence, so on and so forth. We all have words for different occurances, we all have different perspectives on what just happened and regardless of my thoughts, whatever person A believes in is as real to them as what is real to me. Whether they are Christian, Athiest, Buddhist, (insert ideology or thought process here)

Our subconscious creates the fiction that we want to stick to I think. Astral projection is very powerful, dreams are very powerful, meditation, it's all good stuff really however but a big cheese is also the subconscious. Whatever I have in my head that tells me what's happening is existing because of what I think happens. The trippy thing is that, nothing can check us on our own tailored manic obsessions. If you have someone rooted in their own ideology, try talking them out of it. These points coincide, speaking your reality into existence is my point. How thought can change things. How intention can change things.

You can mess around with this by talking to people and asking them about open ended things and pressing their consciousness about stuff. That sounded manipulative, but an example is, a person in my life or other people have had experiences but claim the experiences to be of a certain context that can have multiple labels for the same thing so to speak. Though, when you broach other labels, they dismiss them like it's different. Sleep paralysis for instance, my mother had an experience like that, while she was pregnant with me she had an SP. To sum it up it either could've been a trip dream or an sp but my point us that I have my own labels for their experience as a way to quantify what happens to them, in order to relate it to my own reality.

My point of writing this is... I have yet to figure out, just something that's been on my mind as of late. How independent we exist in our psyches and all that.

We are all here in the physical.

The mental is where things may go astray.

Master roshi
Initiate
count: 10

Re: Subjective realities (opinion/theory)

Post by Master roshi » August 15th, 2018, 10:10 pm

I believe a key component of our humanity is the ability to create and refine our own subjective truths/realities based on our own unique life experiences. For example, a young man who feels at war with the world and himself comes across Buddhist teachings and seeks what he is personally looking for out of life within them. If they don't offer him that, it's no big deal, he continues to shop elsewhere. If they do however, then it becomes a part of him as he takes on the teachings and applies them. I think that's essentially why Bruce Lee's mindset of absorbing what is useful while discarding what is not without having to exclusively subscribe to one specific school or idea is so spot on.

We are continually building our identities and subjective realities with each thought we have, each memory we store, each experience we have. So while we are all connected by certain objective truths in the stable physical tangible world, such as the laws of physics, the earth rotating around the sun, etc. Our beliefs and perspectives and identities can vary wildly from person to person. This can be a double edged sword because it allows there to be a wealth of diversity but also vast disparities that can cause conflict. Meaning different opinions and beliefs between people can be the cause of the crusades as well as the renaissance.

I've also noticed that in many human interactions, you'll find two different subjective realities clashing against each other, which often leads one to take over while the other is overpowered. An example of this is a business meeting where a business owner is seeking financing from an investor. The investor doesnt want to give away money if he is uncertain he will profit off his investment. The business owner wants financing because he believes he is capable of growing his company with it. The skeptic investor will challenge the business owner's personal reality by asking him questions about his business. And the confident business owner will challenge the investor's reality by demonstrating he is indeed capable of efficiently running the company and returning the investment. Like you said, knowing this, there are a few manipulative things you can do in just about any social or professional interaction.

This is a VC topic we can touch on in the future for sure, just exploring conciousness itself. What is it, why is it?

Joe
Initiate
count: 40

Re: Subjective realities (opinion/theory)

Post by Joe » August 17th, 2018, 5:57 pm

I agree, even with talking to people, sometimes they speak nonsense, but they also have potential to drop a gem on you. Like panning for gold, separate the gems from the rocks.